Isabelle (しずえ, Shizue) is a dog that appears in Animal Crossing: New Leaf to help the player with their duties as mayor. Her name was first revealed as Hisho during the New Leaf developer commentary, then changed in the June 2012 Nintendo Direct to Shizue. When localized to English, her name became Isabelle.
Because she was the first new character to be revealed to players, many people speculated that she is the 'eager secretary' that will assist the player in his/her new role as the town mayor. This was later confirmed when she was shown talking to the player, with the name Hisho (ひしょ), which is Japanese for secretary, during Tokyo Game Show 2011. She is said to be very clumsy and very absent-minded. She has a twin brother called Digby who runs the Happy Home Showcase.
Isabelle makes a cameo appearance in the first E3 trailer of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Isabelle is set to appear as an Assist Trophy.
Isabelle, along with villager, appears as a playable racer in the second Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack, which will be released in May 2015.
Isabelle as she appears in the game behind the desk in the Town Hall.
Isabelle's Hello note from Twitter.
The Villager, Mario, Link, and Kirby battling while Isabelle watches.
Isabelle as an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Isabelle as an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.
- She appears in StreetPass Mii Plaza as a hat that the player can buy for 1 Plaza Ticket.
- Isabelle is immune to Pitfall Seeds, like all other special characters.
- Isabelle appears on the cover of K.K. Waltz.
- Isabelle wears a yellow coat and black coat instead of her normal green and white shirt during the Autumn and Winter months, respectively.
- A lazy villager might write a letter to the player saying they had a dream where a 40-foot Isabelle was destroying everything.
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIt6fVHlrnY&feature=player_detailpage#t=312s
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNXIw6laNYg&feature=player_detailpage#t=35s
- ↑ http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=129887
Names in other languages
||French for "Mary"