- "Hitch your wagon to a star."
- — Celeste, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Welcome amiibo, and New Horizons
|Role||Observatory operator[nb 1]|
Museum Shop proprietor[nb 2]
Star and space-related DIY recipes[nb 3]
Name in other languages
Celeste is an owl in the Animal Crossing series who debuted in Animal Crossing: Wild World. She is the younger sister of Blathers. In games prior to Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Celeste works in the museum with Blathers. Her role in Wild World, City Folk, and New Horizons involves stargazing. Her name may be derived from “celestial”, referring to her hobby of stargazing.
Celeste is a red-feathered owl with a pair of pink blurry cheeks, a yellowish-orange beak, and a pair of large, feathered eyebrows with white dots. She possesses a white-colored face with a pair of small black oval eyes with no visible pupils, as well as a white and light-red checkered chest (similar to an argyle sweater). On the sides of her body exist a pair of large wings, which she uses as arms, as well as a pair of yellowish-orange talons with dark-brown stripes and white sharp toenails used as legs. She also has white linings almost reaching to her black hands and tail's end.
Celeste is slightly smaller and shorter than her elder brother; her plumage is burgundy, and she wears a pink bow, which was a gift from Blathers, on the back of her head.
Celeste is sensitive, calm, and quiet, unlike her brother. Her sensitivity shows when she is caught snoozing during the day; she tells the player that unlike Blathers, she does not sleep on the job.
In Wild World and City Folk
Celeste made her debut in Animal Crossing: Wild World, acting to assist the player in creating constellations and stargazing. Upon talking to her in the observatory, located up the stairs behind Blathers, she will give the player the option to create, delete, or view constellations. The player can also inform Celeste that she is cute, but she thinks the player is teasing her and simply asks them to look through the telescope instead. Celeste will also need to be talked to in order to unlock Blathers's episodes. In Animal Crossing: City Folk, Celeste has the exact same job as in Wild World.
In New Leaf
Celeste returns in Animal Crossing: New Leaf where she runs a gift shop on the museum's second floor after it has been built, as stargazing was removed. She sells museum-themed items as well as silver tools. She will even allow the player to open up an exhibition room of their own provided that they pay her a rental fee of 10,000 Bells.
In New Horizons
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Celeste no longer works at the museum, and instead can be seen on various nights wandering around the island, indicating that a Meteor Shower is occurring sometime that night. It is possible, however, to encounter a meteor shower when she is not visiting, as she visits at most once a week. When talked to for the first time she will inform the player about meteor showers and tell them how to wish when a shooting star falls. She will also give them the Star Wand DIY recipe.
Each new day she is talked to she will give a player a new DIY recipe in a set order, prioritizing zodiac themed ones as long as it is related to the current season. These can also be handed out from her when visiting other player's islands, but a player can only get one from her per day on any island. Recipes are not guaranteed to be the same for all players talking to her on the same day. If the player is not eligible to obtain any additional DIY recipe, she has a 60% chance to give the player five Star Fragments, a 20% chance to give a Large Star Fragment, and a 20% to give a zodiac fragment based on the date that Celeste appears.
If she appears during a meteor shower, she can be seen making wishes when shooting stars fly by. If the player has a zodiac item in their pocket (either an zodiac item from the Stars Series or a star sign fragment), they can show Celeste the item and she will tell a story about mythology based on the item.
Hello, Celeste speaking. Oh, yes, Player, hello! Can I help you with something?
Oh, a visit the campsite?! That sounds delightful! I so love sleeping under sun...
Sadly though, I'm quite busy with my research, and I won't be able to go, Player.
I'm so sorry I can't make it! But thanks awfully for inviting me.
In Gekijōban Doubutsu no Mori
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Celeste makes an appearance as a trophy, and as a background character in both the Smashville and Town and City.
In Super Mario Maker
Celeste appears as an unlockable costume in Super Mario Maker.
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Celeste appears as a spirit in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
In Happy Home Designer
RV in Welcome amiibo
While in her RV, Celeste can say either one of the following dialogues:
- "The stars are so bright out here! I wonder how many constellations you can see from this campground... Tonight I'll look for the Seasick Walrus, the Unassuming Tree Stump, and...which one am I forgetting? My favorite! The Tone-Deaf Velociraptor! It's very prominent at this time of year."
- "My brother and I spend most days together, working in the museum. Of course, in his case, working usually means napping. He can't keep his eyes open for longzzzz... Hoootie-toot! Uh, yeah. He's got a real problem..."
- "I may not look it, but I'm quite the outdoorswoman. When I was little, I would spend hours catching bugs to show off to my brother! He would always work himself up into a tizzy... He never liked when I was better at things than him."
- "Where I work, we don't have a lot of people stopping by. It can get pretty boring, actually... When that happens, I try to draw as many constellations as I can remember. I like to add a little hat to the Tone-Deaf Velociraptor. That just cracks me up... There I go again... B-blabbing about stars!"
- "Sometimes when it gets slow at the museum, I think about all the stuff that makes up our bodies...and how it's just the remnants of stars that died away eons and eons ago. Isn't that nice? We're all just little clumps of stardust, walking around. So when I look up at the stars, I just wonder...what will they all become someday?"
In Happy Home Paradise
- Peppy villagers in City Folk sometimes may mention that Celeste is around 10 years younger than Blathers.
- Lazy villagers in New Horizons sometimes hint that they have feelings for Celeste.
Names in other languages
- In Wild World and City Folk
- In New Leaf only
- In New Horizons only