Difference between revisions of "Dòngwù Sēnlín"
(adding requirements in infobox)
(Adding cover art anachronisms as trivia)
|Line 375:||Line 375:|
DnM iQue Icon.png|iQue Player system menu icon
DnM iQue Icon.png|iQue Player system menu icon
Revision as of 22:41, September 20, 2022
|Release date(s)||June 1, 2006|
|File size||62 Blocks|
Dòngwù Sēnlín[nb 1] is a port of Doubutsu no Mori released for the iQue Player in China. It was released on June 1, 2006, five years after the original Nintendo 64 version, and it was the last game released for the iQue Player.
Dòngwù Sēnlín features numerous localization changes to items, events, and textures.
Differences from Doubutsu no Mori
- The typing interface is changed from the dial interface to a QWERTY keyboard, similar to the international versions of Animal Crossing.
- New Year's Day is renamed to the Spring Festival and now occurs on a varying day from January 21 to February 20, coinciding with Chinese New Year. The Countdown still occurs on December 31.
- White Day and Children's Day are removed.
- Rather than taking place every Saturday in August, the Fireworks Shows start on the day before the Spring Festival and last until four days after the event.
- The Night of the Thirteenth Moon is removed; however, the 100% chance of clear weather on the day the event would occur still remains.
- Copper's Morning Aerobics sessions take place every morning at 6 AM from December 1 to 31 instead of July 25 to August 31.
- The Nintendo 64 logo animation played when booting up the game is replaced with the iQue Player logo.
- The copyright text on the title screen now reads "©2001-2006 Nintendo" to reflect the game's release date in China, and text reading "©2006 iQue" was added below it.
- The English "Press Start Button!" text on the title screen in Doubutsu no Mori is now partially in Chinese, reading "按START钮!".
- All town names have 村 (village) appended to them.
- The sprite and icon for the Grab Bag are changed, likely to avoid confusion with the Japanese kanji on the bag.
- The sprites and inventory icon for the carp were colored red.
- Some of items villagers ask the player to deliver for a favor were changed.
- The English "POST OFFICE" text on the entrance of the post office is now in Chinese, reading 邮政局 (post office).
- Instances of the Japanese postal mark, 〒, have been replaced with a letter symbol.
- The sign on the side of Nook's Cranny is now red with a black circle and text instead of white with a red circle and text. The sign has the fortune symbol 福 upside-down on a diagonal red square, a visual pun in Chinese to imply good luck.
- The textures on Tom Nook's other stores have also been updated with Chinese characters.
- The Japanese text on outdoor objects such as Redd's stall at the Fireworks Festival, Katrina's fortune table on New Year's Morning, and the Countdown clock have been changed to Chinese.
- The textures in and around the Police Station are in Chinese.
- The appearance of the shrine is different, now featuring different textures and missing the wooden extrusions from the roof and the bells from the front.
- The following items from Doubutsu no Mori are replaced with new items:
|Hex ID||Original item (Doubutsu no Mori)||Replacement item (Dòngwù Sēnlín)|
Warrior with Ceramic Armor
Warrior with Copper Armor
Ceramic Warrior Kneeling and Shooting
Copper Warrior Kneeling and Shooting
Students' Desk with Graffiti
Students' Desk with Books
New Year's Goods
Blue Makeup Easter Egg
Red Makeup Easter Egg
White Makeup Easter Egg
Traffic Guidance Robot
Yellow Sand Pile
Telephoto Lens Camera
Large Water Tank
Porcelain Piggy Bank
Beckoning Black Cat
Ceramic Piggy Bank
Guan Yu Statue
Left Stone Lion Statue
Right Stone Lion Statue
I Love 64 Shirt
N Cube Shirt
Game Console Shirt
8 Mat Tatami
Soccer Field Carpet
Light-Colored Wooden Floor
Classical Garden Wall
Tea Room Wall
- The designs of the following items are changed:
|Item||Original design (Doubutsu no Mori)||Changed design (Dòngwù Sēnlín)|
|Drink Vending Machine|
|Fence with Sign|
|Fence with Vinyl|
|Red Drum Can|
|Work Ahead Sign|
- The Soccer Theme is added alongside the items that comprise it.
- The following furniture sets are replaced alongside the items that comprise them:
- The cover for Dòngwù Sēnlín features Blathers, O'Hare, and Maelle, despite them not appearing in the game; they were all introduced in Doubutsu no Mori+.
- The cover also features artwork of Tom Nook from Animal Crossing, where his apron has a leaf design on it, rather than the kanji 店 (shop), as seen in the Japanese games and Dòngwù Sēnlín.
- iQue. "iQue News". Archived from the original on October 28, 2007. Retrieved August 25, 2020. (Chinese)