- This article is about the special character. For the lazy villager who's English name is the same as Flick's Japanese name, see Rex.
Selling bugs for higher prices
|Name in other languages|
He will appear on random weekdays after the Resident Services have been upgraded to a building. He will show up at least once every three weeks. Flick offers to buy bugs from the player at a price 1.5x higher than Nook's Cranny price. He leaves at 5 AM the following day. Once per visit, the player can commission him to make a model of a bug, which requires giving Flick 3 specimen of the same bug. Flick will mail the model the following day.
Upon interacting with Flick, he will say something relating to bugs before apologizing for thinking out loud. This dialog will change every time the player interacts with him.
- "Am I truly listening to the needs of the <bug> with every ear I possess?"
- "If a <bug> were to manifest before me, how would I react? Laughter? Weeping?"
- "If you find yourself where there are no bugs...you have to visualize and manifest them yourself!
Close your eyes. Reach with your mind. Feel the bugs. Feel them crawling all over your skin. Dissolve."
- "It doesn't matter how much I treasure the bugs. They'll never notice what I do for them..."
- "It is sheer hubris to think that we could ever learn everything about bugs.
Bugs are an experience. They are a conversation...one between the viewer and the universe."
- "Larva, pupa, adulthood, final transcendence... They become more exalted with every metamorphosis!"
- "They reflect this sullied world, yet retain their own beauty... I am bewitched by those compound eyes."
- "My world was once gray and dull. Then they brought their riotous jointed rainbows of wonder!"
- "When the universe contemplates beauty, it imagines the silhouette of the <bug>."
- "Will this world meet its reckoning, beheld only by the lonely eyes of the <bug>?"
- "I divide myself into the three sacred segments. I am the head, thorax and abdomen of the universe."
During Bug-Off Flick's dialog has a greater amount of new-age style spirituality:
- "Hey, how was it? Did you make progress on your personal journey towards True Infestation?"
- "What - really?! You don't need them as spiritual guides? I mean - let me just add it up for you."
- "Alright, get ready to transcend...'
- "Once you save up 10 points, you can redeem them for bug-blessed relics I've obtained. Good luck!"
- "The epic tale of my pilgrimage to obtain these relics should be written on a scroll or something!"
- "How did you enjoy this Bug-Off, our regular celebration of bugs? Were you spiritually enriched?"
Flick by the airport giving options to the player
Names in other languages
|This article is a stub. You can help Nookipedia by .|