Happy Home Academy
|Happy Room Academy|
Outside the HRA Headquarters
Inside the HRA Headquarters
Model Room (CF)
|Opening hours||9 AM to 9 PM|
The Happy Room Academy (HRA), is a type of housing association for the player to sign up for. The HRA inspects your house each day, and score it depending on the furniture inside, and how it is placed. The more points you get, the better it is. Ways of boosting your points score are by placing rare or expensive pieces of furniture in your house, or completing furniture series. These each give out point bonuses (see below). You can also help your score by paying attention to Feng Shui.
It is mainly for fun, to see how well you can decorate your house, but if you score a lot of points, there will surely be a reward (see below).
- 1 Animal Crossing (GCN)
- 2 Animal Crossing: Wild World
- 3 Animal Crossing: City Folk
- 4 Point Bonuses
- 5 HRA Awards
- Wallpaper and floor match - 1,000 points
- Completed furniture series - 48,000 points
- Wallpaper OR floor of the same series - 4,800
- Wallpaper and floor of the same series - 10,000
- All the necessities of life of different series - 4,400
- All the necessities of life in the same series - 16,000
- Complete Theme - (# of pieces x 7,000) + 15,000
- Wallpaper and floor of the same theme - 10,000
- Completed Set - (# of pieces x 3,000)
- Clothes, Insects, Fish - 3
- Clothes you designed yourself - 3
- Item bought from Tom Nook - 51
- Fossils after appraisal - 300
- Item bought from Crazy Redd - 412
- Item from Saharah - 412
- Item from Wendell - 412
- Item from Gulliver - 412
- Item from the Igloo - 412
- Item from Tortimer (Can be bought) - 412
- Limited Items (Harvest Series, ect.) - 700
- Lucky Items - 777
- Gyroid - 821
- Item from Snowman - 888
- Birthday cake - 1,000
- Complete fossils after appraisal - 1,000
- Furniture from e-Reader card - 1,000
- NES Games - 1,000
- Lottery prize - 1,029
- Item from Jack - 1,031
- Item from Tortimer (Can't be bought) - 1,111
- Reward for completing the Museum - 1,111
- Prize for maxing out your HRA score - 1,111
- Prize for winning the Fishing Tourney - 1,111
- Reward for starting Post Office savings - 1,111
- Item from Jingle - 1,224
- Items from Gameboy Island - 1,300
- NES game from Gameboy Island - 1,983
- NES game from e-Reader card - 1,983
Spotlight items are worth +151 points. Those which are also lucky are worth +7,777 points.
Basic Points Awarded
- Accessories (Hats, Wigs, Glasses, etc): 3
- Acorn Festival Prizes (Mush Furniture): 412
- Available at Nook's (Furniture): 51
- Available at Nook's (Wallpaper/Carpet): 0
- Available from Saharah (Wallpaper/Carpet): 3
- Clothing: 3
- Creatures caught with a fishing rod: 3
- Creatures caught with a net: 3
- Festive Items (Available at Nook's for limited time): 151
- Flowers: 5
- Fossils (Excluding Skeletons): 300
- Fossils (Skeletons): 1,000
- Gifts from Nintendo (over WFC, Mario Theme): 210
- Gifts from neighbors (Birthday Cake): 1,111
- Gulliver Items: 412
- Gyroid: 828
- House Models (HRA Rewards): 1,111
- Lost Kitten Items: 1,280
- Lucky Items: 7,777
- Museum Model (From Completing the Museum): 1,111
- Pascal Items: 1,543
- Red Turnip Trade Items: 325
- Crazy Redd's Items (Excluding Paintings): 412
- Redd Items (Non-forged Paintings): 151
- Savings Account Prize: 912
- Shells: 3
- Spotlight Items (at Nook's): 151
- Store Models (From Nook Membership): 1,111
- Texture/Pattern (as umbrella, clothes, or painting): 3
- Town Event Items: 1,111
- Trophies (Bug, Fishing, Flower): 800
- Umbrellas: 3
- Villager Pictures (does not apply to special characters): 3,200
These items must be Redd items, not Nook items sold at Redd's tent.
You can earn special gifts by obtaining a certain amount of HRA points. One story model, two story model and mansion model.
On Sunday the HRA sends the player their evaluation results on academy paper. If you don't want to receive the results by mail, go talk to Lyle at the HRA headquarters and stop them being sent (you can turn them on again by talking to Lyle again). You can always check your HRA points with Lyle.
What seems to be the easiest and possibly cheapest way to collect HRA points is to acquire as many lucky items as possible - 10 lucky items alone gets you well over 75,000 points.
At the back of the HRA is the model room, a room chosen by Lyle everymonth that satisfies a certain theme. Sometimes, there is no model room, and the area for the model room is replaced by an empty 4x4 room.
20,000 points for all 10 pieces of furniture in a series.
Complete Series + Wallpaper or Carpet
25,000 points for all 10 pieces of furniture in a series, and either matching wallpaper or carpet.
Complete Series + Wallpaper and Carpet
30,000 points for all 10 pieces of furniture in a series, plus both the matching wallpaper and carpet.
Furniture Theme Flooring or Wallpaper
3,000 points just for a theme's flooring or wallpaper.
Furniture Theme Flooring or Wallpaper + Theme Furniture
3,000 x number of pieces of furniture in the room which match the carpet or wallpaper.
Complete Furniture Set
1,000 points for each piece in the set.
Necessities of Living
The Player has a bed, table, chair, wardrobe and dresser in their home.
70,000 points - House Model
100,000 points - Wide-house Model
150,000 points - Two-story Model