|← More hedgehog villagers||Villager List||More special villagers →|
- "You come back now, OK?"
- — Mabel, Animal Crossing: City Folk
Artwork of Mabel from Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
|Service||Able Sisters clerk|
Mabel (きぬよ, Kinuyo) is a character in the Animal Crossing series, co-owning the Able Sisters tailor shop, one of the two stores that can be found in the player's town, with her older sister, Sable. She is the charismatic one out of the sisters, who assists customers with their purchases.
- 1 Physical Appearance
- 2 Background
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Villager Info
- 5 Other Appearances
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Names in other languages
- 8 Trivia
Mabel is a blue hedgehog with brown-orange cheeks and black eyes, eyebrows, and snout. Like her sister, she has no visible mouth, so instead visibly talks by moving her nose. She wears a green and white gingham apron and has a head full of large, spiky bristles.
She does not directly speak about her past - which is given away by Sable once talking to her. She may bicker from time to time with Sable, about who does most of the work within the business. She rarely mentions her parents, but from what is learned through Sable, she was too young to know who they were at the time of the crash. She was raised by her sister, as at the time she was an infant.
Mabel works at the shop, The Able Sisters, along with her older sister Sable as a store clerk. She helps the player design clothing patterns that can be put on clothes and umbrellas.
Her role is the same as it was in Animal Crossing, except now she also sells hats and accessories.
In January, Sable will get depressed, much to Mabel's bewilderment. Eventually, after talking to Sable enough during the month, she reveals a huge secret: she and Tom Nook were best friends before he moved to the city. Naturally due to Mabel's age, she knows little of the subject, but does have experiences to do with the subjects. The following can be matched with Sable's statement to get an accurate picture:
- "Well, so there's this cedar box that my sis keeps all her treasures in, right? And she's never showed me what was inside that thing. Not even once! But then, this one time, long ago, I saw the front of what looked like... an important letter. At least, that's what I THOUGHT it was..."
- — Mabel on the cedar box Sable was sent, Animal Crossing: Wild World
- "Yeah, so there's this pair of scissors that my Sis has been using forever, right? When they got too dull to use, I said she should buy a new pair, but... It was the weirdest thing! When I did, she completely flipped out on me! I know it's important to take care of your things, but... That's ridiculous!"
- — Mabel on Sable's old scissors, Animal Crossing: Wild World
- "Well, lately, at night, my sis has been sitting at the window, staring at the night sky. She says that in the winter, a certain constellation becomes visible... It's kinda weird.. the stuff my sis knows about... You know, constellations and meanings of flowers, that kinda stuff... "
- — Mabel on Sable's knowledge of her constellation, Animal Crossing: Wild World
Her role in Animal Crossing: City Folk is virtually unchanged, but she now assists the player with making PRO designs. When talking to her, she soon learns that she may in fact have an older sister called Labelle, a worker in GracieGrace - a store in the city. Mabel has no contact with Labelle, due to her having an argument with Sable, who felt she abandoned the family when their parents died. Mabel wishes to get them talking again.
Mabel's role remains unchanged, as she works in the Able Sisters along with her sisters Sable and Labelle. The player can obtain a Mannequin if the player purchases 51 clothing items in the Able Sisters.
|Warning: This section contains spoilers. Click the show button to the right to display the spoilers.|
Happy Home Designer amiibo Card
|Animal Crossing amiibo card|
|Have one to add?|
When visiting Mabel's RV at the campground, the bottom screen will display the following:
- "The public face of the Able Sisters, she dearly loves Sable and Labelle, but she needs her own space too. Solo car camping is just the thing!"
Mabel appears as a trophy and will occasionally appear in the background of the Smashville stage.
Mabel in Animal Crossing: Wild World.
Mabel in Animal Crossing: Wild World.
Mabel, as she appears in Animal Crossing: City Folk.
Mabel in Animal Crossing: City Folk.
- Animal Crossing 069.JPG
Mabel inside the Able Sisters shop in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Pili||Likely derived from the Spanish comic acting duo comprised of twin sisters Pili and Mili and/or Pili & Mili, a women's clothing store located in London|
|French||Layette||A clothing set for a newborn child|
|Italian||Agostina||Her shortened name, "Ago", means "needle"; it's also used in the shop's Italian name, Ago & Filo|
|Transcription of English name|
- Mabel heavily resembles Sonic the Hedgehog from the franchise of the same name.
- Mabel's birthday is the same day as Colton's birthday.
- Mabel's name is misspelled as Mable in Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival.
- In Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, if the player designs a house for Mabel, Sable, or Labelle, all of the Able Sisters will end up living there.
| Special Characters|