Welcome to Nookipedia, your community-driven Animal Crossing wiki encyclopedia!
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is coming to the Nintendo Switch!
Coming March 20th, 2020.
Grass deterioration, also known as animal tracks or desire lines, is one of the new features implemented in Animal Crossing: City Folk. The game is able to keep track of your movements throughout town, and will wear down the grass in certain areas. This feature was originally intended to create paths in frequently-traversed areas, which would add to the town’s own unique character. In some instances, the feature has run amok, nearly completely obliterating all of the grass in the entire town. This process has been dubbed "desertification" by some in the Animal Crossing community. Many players seek to prevent desertification in their towns, not only for aesthetic reasons, but because the lack of grass can become a game-breaking issue, causing some insects, such as the Dung Beetle, or furniture, such as the Snowman Series, to be impossible to collect. (Read More)
Want to nominate a picture? Nominate it here!
- 18th November, 2019
- Promotion - sunmarsh has been promoted to Editor in Chief of Nookipedia. Congratulations!
- 20th September, 2019
- NIWA News - The annual NIWA Cross-Wiki Weekend is back, and runs through Sunday! Contribute to a NIWA wiki you rarely edit for a chance to win a $20 eShop gift card! More details here.
- 4th September, 2019
- New Horizons - Nintendo released an additional five minutes of gameplay footage from Animal Crossing: New Horizons today as part of their latest Nintendo Direct.
- 11th June, 2019
- New Horizons - The E3 Nintendo Direct revealed the release date of the upcoming console game Animal Crossing: New Horizons as March 20, 2020 and showed off some new gameplay features and footage.
- 15th May, 2019
- Promotion - Vmario97 has been promoted from a Patroller to an Administrator. Congratulations and much deserved!
What's Out Right Now
the following critters are out and about...
This Month's Events
Here are the events occurring in December:
- 1st: Snow Day in Animal Crossing.
- Second Saturday: Fishing Tourney in Animal Crossing: City Folk and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
- Third Sunday: Fishing Tourney in Animal Crossing: Wild World.
- 23rd: Toy Day in Animal Crossing.
- 24th: Jingle arrives in Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing: City Folk and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
- 31st: New Year's Eve in Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Animal Crossing: City Folk and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
Did you know?
- In Animal Crossing: Wild World, Point Specials, half-price sales and Spotlight Items will only start occurring when a second human character is created.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons will be the first game in the series to support the Chinese language since Doubutsu no Mori.
- In Animal Crossing: City Folk, if the player leaves the game idle long enough on the bus to the city, Kapp'n will begin to whistle Totaka's Song.
- In Animal Crossing, the player can earn large amounts of Bells by fishing in the ocean during early September. This is because no Sea Bass will appear, guaranteeing that the player will catch Red Snappers and/or Barred Knifejaws instead.
| style="background: #fcd278; font-weight: bold; border-radius: 12px; -moz-border-radius: 12px; -webkit-border-radius: 12px; -khtml-border-radius: 12px; -icab-border-radius: 12px; -o-border-radius: 12px;; padding: 0 5px 0 0;" |
Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance | align="center" style="padding: 5px;" | NIWA is a network of independent wikis focusing on various Nintendo franchises.
|ARMS: ARMS Institute||Pikmin: Pikipedia|
|Pokémon: Bulbapedia||Pikmin fanon: Pikmin Fanon|
|Dragon Quest: Dragon Quest Wiki||Super Smash Bros.: SmashWiki|
|Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem Wiki||Legendary Starfy: Starfy Wiki|
|F-Zero: F-Zero Wiki||Game guides: StrategyWiki|
|Golden Sun: Golden Sun Universe||Splatoon: Inkipedia|
|Tetris: Hard Drop Wiki||Super Mario: Super Mario Wiki|
|Kid Icarus: Icaruspedia||Nintendo Wars: Wars Wiki|
|Star Fox: Lylat Wiki||EarthBound/Mother: WikiBound|
|Metroid: Metroid Wiki||Kirby: WiKirby|
|Nintendo: NintendoWiki||The Legend of Zelda: Zelda Wiki|