|Welcome to Nookipedia, RAP!|
We're glad that you've chosen to create an account! You are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Animal Crossing encyclopedia.
If you haven't yet, you're also invited to join us at our Discord server, where you'll find other Animal Crossing fans and wiki editors.
Before you jump into editing, here are some helpful things to keep in mind:
If you're looking for some place to start, why not check out the Community Fountain? Here you will find current events and things to do.
|If you have any questions, feel free to ask a wiki staff member, or at the Community Fountain talk page. We're always happy to help!||Have a great time! -- Nookipedia Staff|
Welcome & Nice Job
- Thanks, I'm RAP - creator of the NintendoWiki. I also serve as a resource gatherer, hence that I recently uploaded some images, but to tell the truth - there's a lot more I have to upload and sort through. But before doing it, I have to find the names of the villagers/characters, clean up the imagery and make it transparent (the white bg), and then compress the thing. Man...I didn't know there were that many villagers in the series. Having around 200 images... it's going to take a couple of weeks (or days if I push hard), much more than I expected. Maybe you can assist me with the process? --RAP 00:40, 22 February 2011 (EST)
- Ah, I did think that you seem more experienced than the average new user. I figured that you might have come from Animal Crossing City @ Wikia, but I thought wrong. Nice to meet you. As for the villager images, yes, there are a lot of villagers. I'd be happy to help you when I've got time - where can I start? ~SuperHamster Talk 00:49, 22 February 2011 (EST)
- You can help me lessen the pain of matching villager/character names by making a list. Make a section by species, and have entries of the character names, and describe it's distinctive appearances. I'm trying to use the original Nintendo website of Animal Crossing (the popularity poll thingy), and this wiki to help me - but it can be a hindrance. You know, seeing the amount of characters in the series, it kinda makes me wanna play one of the games now. XD --RAP 00:57, 22 February 2011 (EST)
- Okay, Mr. RAP. You need to tell me the source of your images. I know you, and you know me. Also, this is a hi. If you want to, you can just give me the link over Skype. Super (duh...)Alpaca 17:56, 22 February 2011 (EST)
- Great to have you here RAP. Thanks for all of your help so far! :) --Jake 18:36, 22 February 2011 (EST)
RIP'sRAP's request for a list of villagers and their respective descriptions gives me an idea. I just realized that, while we do have categories, we do not have any formal article that lists all of the villagers. An article can be made that lists all of the villagers sorted by species, along with their respective pictures. We could also include other general information such as gender and game appearances. In addition to helping RIPRAP, I think that this is something that Nookipedia should have in general. I'll try to get started on it soon, but going through 200 or whatever villagers would take a while. I guess the best approach would be to take it specie by specie. ~SuperHamster Talk 23:27, 22 February 2011 (EST)
I have started a list of all the villagers at List of villagers (it is sorted by species). So far, I have only done the gorillas, but hopefully I'll be able to add more species over the next few days or so. If anyone else who is reading this would like to help out, that would be great, too. The distinctive appearances of each villager aren't listed, but images of each villager are. Hopefully RAP, as the list becomes more and more complete, it should help you match up your images with the proper villagers. ~SuperHamster Talk 17:48, 25 February 2011 (EST)