1.7.0 Free Update
From Nookipedia, the Animal Crossing wiki
The Free Update (version 1.7.0) was an update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons released on January 28, 2021. The update added Festivale, alongside its host, Pavé. It was announced on January 26, 2021.
- Festivale, and its respective host Pavé return in 1.7.0.
- Four new Festivale-themed Reactions—Feelin' It, Let's Go, Viva, and Confetti—are added in 1.7.0, and they can be obtained via Viva Festivale Reaction Set. The reaction set is only available from February 1 to February 15 in Nook's Cranny.
- New Nook Shopping seasonal events include the following events:
- Big Game Celebration, meant to coincide with the American football event The Super Bowl, is celebrated from January 15 to February 15 with a Football Rug and a daily rotation of a Fiery, Football, Glittery, and Starry Cheer Megaphone.
- Setsubun, a traditional Japanese event that takes place before the first day of Spring in the old Japanese calendar, is celebrated from January 25 to February 3 with a Bean-Tossing Kit.
- Groundhog Day, a Western event that tells the legend of a special groundhog testing for its own shadow to determine if Spring will happen early, is celebrated from January 25 to February 2 with a Resetti Model, modeled after Mr. Resetti.
- Valentine's Day, a global holiday on the basis of love, is celebrated from February 1 to February 14 with a Chocolate Heart and a Heart-Shaped Bouquet.
- To add on to the existing Lunar New Year holiday, a Bokjumeoni Lucky Pouch and a Lucky Red Envelope are available to purchase from February 10 to February 17. They coincide with traditional Lunar New Year events in Korea and Asia respectively.
Items added in 1.7.0
- The following items had their icons changed:
- → (Pacific Ocean)
- → (Atlantic Ocean)
- The following villagers had their icons changed:
- A previously unavailable item that was added in 1.3.0 but was not implemented due to a bug, Mermaid Fence, was made available in this update.
- An issue from version 1.6.0 where move-out bubbles would fail to appear before Project KK is completed was fixed.
- An issue where villagers would not hang wreaths on their door regardless if they're in season or not was fixed.
- An issue where Celeste would not appear on Sundays was fixed.
- A re-release of the Sanrio Collaboration Series of amiibo cards (originally released in 2016) was announced alongside the 1.7.0 update. They returned to retailers in Japan, Europe, and North America on March 26, 2021. In North America, they are exclusive to Target stores and it is the first time they have been released there.
- Nintendo (January 26, 2021). "Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Free Update 1.28.21". YouTube. Retrieved February 1, 2021.
- @NintendoAmerica. . Twitter. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- @NintendoEurope. . Twitter. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- @Nintendo. . Twitter. Retrieved January 26, 2021.