Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.1.0 – First Update
The First Update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons (version 1.1.0), known in PAL regions as the The First Update, was an update released alongside the game on March 20, 2020. The update allowed for multiplayer functionality and added Bunny Day and its host Zipper to the game. It was announced during the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct on February 20, 2020. Players who downloaded this update would receive a Nintendo Switch as a gift, or if the player was playing on a pair of New Horizons-themed Joy-Con, would receive an ACNH Nintendo Switch as a gift.
Bunny Day, along with its host Zipper return in 1.1.0. Zipper will appear on the first of the preparation days to remind the player to find the eggs around them. He will also appears at Bunny Day itself, offering to exchange 3 eggs for other eggs.
In the 11 days leading up to Bunny Day, earth eggs, leaf eggs, sky eggs, stone eggs, water eggs, and wood eggs are present for player to obtain from the ground, trees, balloons, stones, the waters, and chopping respectively. These can be used to craft Bunny Day Series furniture. Villagers and specialized Message Bottles (marked in rainbow colors) will give the player Bunny Day DIY recipes through the 12 days.
This event is time-locked, and only unlocks on 1.1.xa.
Pocket Camp promotion furniture and clothing were added in 1.1.0. These items can be obtained by linking Pocket Camp to a My Nintendo account, redeeming the reward and downloading the content from the Nintendo e-Shop.
A Nook Inc. silk rug was added for players who had Nintendo Switch Online. It is obtainable after purchasing it from the Nintendo eShop.
The multiplayer aspect of New Horizons was activated in 1.1.0, allowed player to visit other islands. In addition, several multiplayer features were added:
- Functionality for the Best Friends app in NookPhone was added.
- Message cards can now be sent to friends or received from friends.
- NookLink connectivity from the Nintendo Switch Online phone app was added.
- An anti-cheat server verification was added for online play.
Items added in 1.1.0
The names of the following items were changed:
- Arcade platforming game → Arcade mahjong game
- Black-bass model → Mounted black bass
- Blue-marlin model → Mounted blue marlin
- Cute cosmos wreath → Pretty cosmos wreath
- Cute tulip wreath → Pretty tulip wreath
- Food jar → Soup kettle
- Gold-arowana model → Golden arowana model
- Green cloud-print pants → Silk pants
- Ice-queen dress → Icy dress
- Jacob's ladder plant → Lily-of-the-valley plant (PAL regions)
- Log doorplate → Timber doorplate
- Mermaid dress → Shell dress
- Office locker → Upright locker
- Pink wood flooring → Sakura-wood flooring
- Sandbag → Punching bag
- Short floral-print pants → Silk floral-print pants
- Wooden washtub → Old-fashioned washtub
The following items had their icons changed:
The following Nook Miles goals had their icons changed:
- Pick 3 mushrooms Nook Miles+ goal
The following characters had their icons removed:
Version 1.1.1 of New Horizons was released on March 26, 2020.
- A duplication glitch involving miscellaneous items was patched.
Version 1.1.2 of New Horizons was released on April 2, 2020.
- An issue where any villager invited to move from another island will not arrive to their plot of land, leaving it sold and unoccupied was fixed. After updating the game, the land of plot will be available once more to allow a new villager to arrive, however any villagers affected will not return to their original island or move in.
- An issue where a request from Tom Nook for the Resident Representative to find a plot of land for new residents disappears was fixed. After updating the game, if Nook's Cranny is under construction or complete, a new sequence will play for the Resident Representative during the island-wide broadcast allowing the player to move forward with the story.
- An issue where, after deleting a resident, the Resident Representative is unable to move their house and/or other structures was fixed.
- Fixed an issue where both Nook Miles and Bells are subtracted when an item is purchased from Wilbur on a Mystery Island Tour.
- Other issues are now resolved.
Version 1.1.3 of New Horizons was released on April 3, 2020.
- Addressed an issue where balloons would no longer fly over the island under certain circumstances.
Version 1.1.4 of New Horizons was released on April 6, 2020.
- In 1.1.4, the appearance rate of some Bunny Day eggs were adjusted during the preparation days, with eggs being easier to find on Bunny Day itself.
- Nintendo (February 20, 2020). "Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct 2.20.2020". YouTube. Retrieved January 30, 2021.