Help page revision
I just wanted to make a note here that I plan to make major revisions to our help pages to complement the development of a Nookipedia Manual of Style. Below are my planned revisions; if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions feel free to post them here or on the appropriate talk page.
- Create an Intro to Wikitext page that provides general information on the most commonly used Wikitext markup with additional links to more complete reference materials. (e.g. Help:Cheatsheet, Help:Wikitext)
- Create a Nookipedia Manual of Style (MOS) that provides best practices and specific instructions for making substantive edits to the mainspace.
- Revise Help:Getting started so it's more about getting started with editing on Nookipedia, should assume wikitext knowledge, and notes this/provides link at top.
- Revise Help:Images to be less about 'how do I put an image in an article' and more about, 'what are the guidelines for uploading/placing images on Nookipedia?'
- Revise Help:Tables to explain the table templates in use on Nookipedia.
- Revise Help:Categories to include instructions on how to transclude categories.
- Revise Help:Templates to include info on types of transclusion (noinclude/includeonly), also <nowiki>, and template documentation.
- Delete Help:Color, moving Seasonal Color info to MOS.
- Delete Help:Audio (out of date).
- Delete Help:Redirects, move info to Intro to Wikitext page.
- Move Article Basics from Help:Formatting to MOS, otherwise delete.
(talk) 14:41, November 17, 2019 (EST)