Nookipedia talk:Project Music
Considering that this is a major part of the gameplay of the Animal Crossing series, I think it is time to bring this project back. I don't know exactly what we could do, but if our music plugin is fixed, I think we could do a lot considering there is more tools available now to bring the OST of the Animal Crossing series to the wiki than there was back when this was an active project page. If it is alright, I would like to be project leader as I could easily find ways to bring music files over in mp3 form. ~PoizonMushro0m 00:04, September 21, 2015 (EDT)
- Bumping this as I still wouldn't mind bringing this back as its leader. ~PoizonMushro0m 19:33, September 29, 2016 (EDT)
I wholeheartedly agree with the above. Personally, the music pages are the reason I first visited Nookipedia many years ago. Please sign me up for this project if it is still open. ~ HasteWaste talk 01:41, January 10, 2020 (EST)
- It's inactive, sadly, but I'm thrilled that you're wanting to help out! The project needs a new leader to get it going again. If you want to be the new leader at some point, feel free to jump in, but I'd recommend a bit more experience of editing here first. :) Drago (talk) 10:40, January 10, 2020 (EST)
Happy Home Designer songs
With Happy Home Designer's huge emphasis on house customization, any song can be chosen to play in any villager's house (including special characters).
With that in mind, I feel like the "In Happy Home Designer" section for the K.K. Slider songs should say "In Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, *insert K.K. Slider song here* is the default song for *insert villager list here*." or something like that, as the current format makes it sound like those villagers can only play those songs in their houses. TurtleCrossing of the Turtle Tribe 13:43, April 9, 2021 (EDT)
- Right. We should use the term to like the "default song". This makes sense for me at least. vmario97 (talk) 14:14, April 9, 2021 (EDT)
- I'm neutral about either style, but addressing this point in particular: "the current format makes it sound like those villagers can only play those songs in their houses" In New Horizons, villagers can play other songs in their houses besides their default. If they are gifted a different song and they place it in their house, they have ~50% chance each day of playing either their default song or displayed song. So with that logic it could be argued that the NH descriptions are misleading too. (Not to say that the HHD descriptions shouldn't be altered.) HylianAngel (talk) 14:15, April 9, 2021 (EDT)
- Huh, I did not know you could do that. Though I suppose the difference between that and HHD is that HHD lets you freely switch between songs (albeit only when you're editing a villager's house) whereas NH is all up to RNG (not to mention there's the extra effort of having to receive a song in the first place and then giving it to the desired villager).
- And just a sidenote: does this also happen in other games too or just NH? TurtleCrossing of the Turtle Tribe 15:10, April 9, 2021 (EDT)
- To be honest, I have no idea in the cases of WW and CF. I double-checked NL just now, mailing 8 villagers K.K. Bossa. Shockingly, 3 of them did change their music from their default to K.K. Bossa. I had no idea this was a feature in NL since I had never tested that until just now. HylianAngel (talk) 16:16, April 9, 2021 (EDT)
- Anyways so it seems like:
- WW: ???
- CF: ???
- NL: If gifted music, they have a small chance of replacing their default music. It stays like that, unless replaced again.
- NH: If gifted music, and they place the music album inside their house, each day has around ~50% chance of playing either their default or the displayed music album.
(If they have multiple music albums, it is ~equal chance between everything.)(Actually scratch this, I misinterpreted what someone else wrote, multiple music albums still needs testing.) If the music albums are removed from their house, it goes back to default only. HylianAngel (talk) 16:26, April 9, 2021 (EDT)