- "She's like a strong older sister you can always rely on! No matter what, she'll have your back!"
- — Isabelle, talking about an Uchi villager, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Uchi villagers are a type of female characters in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. The Japanese word "Uchi" refers to the personal pronoun these characters use in the Japanese version. Sometimes called the "Big Sister" personality, it is similar to the Snooty personality in previous Animal Crossing games, but the villagers display a more caring and less vain personality, as well as not living elegant lifestyles; Uchi villagers are typically ghetto in appearance. They end their talking usually with their catchphrase. They wake up at 11:00 AM and go to bed at 3:00 AM.
They are also seen as the game's version of a Tomboy, as they occasionally talk about enjoying fighting, and interest in participating in 'turf wars'. In addition to this they might give the player a petition called 'Tomboys Are People Too' which further supports this. They are the female equivalent to the male smug villagers.
Below are some (not all) quotes made by uchi villagers.
- Oh! Hey! ...There's a rumor going about you. Ya heard? Everyone's saying <player's name> is quite the <random gossip topic>! I kind of see what they're talking about, <catchphrase>!"
- "You ever have those nights when you just can't sleep? At times like that...you know what to do! Try a carrot as a midnight snack! Peel it real nice, and crunch it up nice and slow. Let that day's stress roll off as you crunch! It'll fill you up, and you'll sleep clean on till morning, <catchphrase>!"
- "I wanna talk to you, <player's name>... Do you think you can make it so you never lose in a fight? 'Cause you can. Let me break it down for you... As much as possible, don't fight fights you can't win! Pretty simple, don't you think? Of course if you're protecting someone, that's one thing... But otherwise, sometimes running is OK!"