User talk:Beethoven Freak
|Welcome to Nookipedia, Beethoven Freak!|
We're glad that you've chosen to create an account! You are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Animal Crossing encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some things to keep in mind when editing pages:
If you're looking for some place to start, why not check out the Community Fountain? Here you will find current events and things to do.
|If you have any questions, feel free to ask a wiki staff member, or at the Community Fountain talk page. We're always happy to help!||Have a great time! -- Nookipedia Staff|
- 1 Subpages
- 2 About thanking
- 3 Welcoming
- 4 RE:Age limit
- 5 Thanks
- 6 Usernames
- 7 hey
- 8 Welcoming
- 9 Images
- 10 Image Names
- 11 Staff Nomination
- 12 On Defense, Thanks!
- 13 Why did you called me stupid..?
- 14 Happy birthday!
- 15 File names
- 16 RE:Help me!!
- 17 Userpage
- 18 Userpage making
- 19 Re:Images
- 20 Congrats!
- 21 Testing
- 22 Happy holidays!
- 23 Redirects
- 24 Happy birthday + discussion topics
- 25 Peanutize
- 26 Personal Images
- 27 Demotion
Subpages are named like normal pages, but with a / on the end followed by something, e.g. "User:Example" would be a main user page, while "User:Example/Sandbox" would be a subpage. To create any page (including subpages), you could search for it using Special:Search. You won't get any search results, but a red link will appear (e.g. "Create the page 'Example' on this wiki"). Clicking on that red link will allow you to create the page. Red (snappity snap snap!) 13:01, September 19, 2015 (EDT)
Please don't "thank" users too much (especially on edits on their user page) as this can flood their notifications. Thanks
Please let the staff welcome other users. Thanks
- Anyone can welcome users, but I generally wait until registered users make several good edits first before I welcome them. ™ 23:43, October 5, 2015 (EDT)
I do not know. Most forums require you to be 13 to sign up, but I'm not sure if the bulletin boards follow suit. You would be better to ask Jake or SuperHamster. Red (snappity snap snap!) 13:15, October 22, 2015 (EDT)
What if the IP editor is a girl?
- Fair point, although I hope a girl wouldn't insert nonsense into pages like that :P. Okay then: they've been banned for three days. Red (snappity snap snap!) 12:10, November 23, 2015 (EST)
As Heidy Isabel (Talk • Contributions) already said, please refrain from welcoming users, and let the staff do it. No offense, but doing that just clogs up our things we have to patrol. That being said, I think you are ready to become a patroller. You have done well edits since you joined, and, with your permission, I would like to nominate you for a patroller. Please respond on my page so I can see the notification because this is important. Thanks, Trainiax of Swampy's - Dream Address: 4000-6078-9296
Hello. If a page has a lot of images I recommend placing them in a gallery instead of spreading them around the page, as this is neater. You can check some existing galleries if you wish to see what formatting/markup you need to use to create one. Thanks and keep contributing! Red (season's greetings!) 14:47, December 20, 2015 (EST)
This is just a little heads-up: I'd rename your images for the future, with more recognizable names, such as instead of Policestation.png, maybe Modern Police Station NL.png. Just a little heads up. Trainiax of Swampy's - Dream Address: 4000-6078-9296 21:33, December 20, 2015 (EST)
- Hi Pachisu. Another remind to please use more descriptive file names. "Animal Crossing 018" and "Animal Crossing 164" don't accurately describe what's in an image. Good file names help make images easier to find and recognize. If you have any questions on this, feel free to ask. Thanks! ~SuperHamster Talk 18:58, December 22, 2015 (EST)
Hey Pachisu! Just a heads up that I've closed your staff nomination, which is viewable here. I welcome you to apply again in a few months when you've gotten more experience editing. Keep up the good work :) ~SuperHamster Talk 18:44, December 26, 2015 (EST)
On Defense, Thanks!
I realized that a user was vandalizing the wiki and saw that you were fixing the vandalized pages. I'd like to say thank you for helping out!
I have notified an admin about the issue, wont be long before the user is banned and the pages get deleted.
Why did you called me stupid..?
I called you stupid? I don't remember doing that? Are you sure that was me? You might have mistook me for someone else.
Hi, just a heads up: per our upload policy, you should try to use more descriptive file names. For example, "File:Police Station Ceremony.JPG" is more informative than "File:HNI 0099.JPG". I see you've been reminded of this before, so please take care when uploading images in future. Red (talk) 14:52, January 28, 2016 (EST)
- I hate to sound like a broken record, but please take a minute or two to give your images a descriptive file name. Some tips: Include the name(s) of any NPCs in the picture, or any item/series/theme/set etc. name(s), the name of the location where the picture was taken, an abbreviation of the game the picture was taken from (e.g. ACNL), or any other descriptor that will make it easier to find that image later (e.g. Winter, Toy Day, Beach etc.). (talk) 10:38, February 17, 2016 (EST)
For some reason I can't create my user page, could you do it for me?
- Yeah, you need to be autoconfirmed to create pages due to recent vandalism, but the inability for new users to create their userpage is becoming a big problem. I might see if the directors could turn page creation back on. Red (talk) 12:34, February 4, 2016 (EST)
Erm, I'm actually not entirely sure if it does or not? The policy states that 'talk pages are for wiki-related discussion only' without specifying a namespace. Normally, file pages would be classed as pages relating to encyclopedia content, but since this was a personal image, I'll restore the talk page discussion. Just don't be surprised if another admin deletes it, though.
I must warn you, however, that this image and others on the User:Pachisu123/Memes page will have to count as personal images, since they are used in your userspace only. This takes your personal image total to at least eight, and you're only supposed to have five according to Nookipedia:Upload policy. Try not to upload more (unless you get permission from a bureaucrat) or they will be deleted. Thanks! Red (talk) 14:05, February 23, 2016 (EST)
- Indeed, nearly all talk pages (including file talk pages) should be related to discussing the page in question. It is fine to have some casual chat on user talk pages, though their purpose is still ultimately to be wiki-related. We have the Bulletin Board forums to allow users to socialize and discuss things not related to the wiki :) ~SuperHamster Talk 17:05, February 23, 2016 (EST)
- Oh, one more thing, you can upload your images to an external host like imgur. ™ 18:17, April 12, 2016 (EDT)
I'd like to say congratulations on becoming a patroller! Since you'll be on the patroller page, I'll use the pic of your TPC for the template. Also, I'll put you as active. You can learn more about patrollers by simply pressing here. If you want your pic or active status to change, you can just edit them on that page. Congrats on your successful promotion! :) Heidy Isabel 19:23, May 11, 2016 (EDT)
Hi there - congrats on being our latest staff member! Just wanted to leave a quick note to please refrain from testing things in the article space :) If you'd like to test your new tools, I recommend doing it in your userspace (i.e. instead of Testing, practice at User:Pachisu123/Testing). Thanks, ~SuperHamster Talk 18:58, May 12, 2016 (EDT)
- Pachisu, can you please stop creating test pages just so you can delete them again? Now, I'm not a bureaucrat, and I can't demote people, but anyone could see that what you're doing just isn't using your tools responsibly. Some might think that you're vandalizing with your actions. That isn't what we want from a staff member. The tools are there to fight vandalism and maintain the wiki, and there are other websites that allow you to test admin tools. If I come across this issue again, I'll consider contacting a bureaucrat, which could result in your demotion from the Nookipedia staff. Red (talk) 11:58, November 29, 2016 (EST)
OK. That's why i was scared to go on.
Hi Beethoven Freak! Just wanted to wish you a very merry holiday season and a happy new year. Thanks for everything you do on Nookipedia!
Hey there, why must you make so many redirects for misspellings? They really aren't needed as the pages they redirect to will show up as a search suggestion and they only bog down the server memory. ~PoizonMushro0m 18:04, December 27, 2016 (EST)
- I deleted some of the redirects with an uncommon typo, in line with other wikis. Redirects in article space aren't meant for one user's personal benefit. Red (talk) 11:03, December 28, 2016 (EST)
Happy birthday + discussion topics
Hey there! I missed your original post, but happy belated birthday! Hope it was a good one.
Just wanted to give you a reminder that talk pages on Nookipedia should primarily be used to discuss the wiki. This applies to user talk pages, as well as the Community Fountain. However, on the bright side, since you now 13, you are welcome to join our Forum and/or our Discord channel, where general discussion is allowed. ~SuperHamster Talk 16:11, January 12, 2017 (EST)
Hey, Beethoven Freak, I just noticed that you have about 15 personal images. That is, you have about 15 images that are only present in userspace, and are no use in articles or userboxes. But, you're only supposed to have five according to Nookipedia:Upload policy. Now, as a bureaucrat, I'll give you permission to have up to ten, but that still means that you're going to have to tag a few for deletion. Sorry about that - but we're not an image repository. Drago (talk) 13:49, February 4, 2017 (EST)
Hello - hope you're doing well. Due to your inactivity in the last 12 months, you've been demoted from the Nookipedia staff. If you wish to return to the staff at any time, though, please contact a bureaucrat and we'll re-promote you. Thanks for your service! Drago (talk) 14:17, February 5, 2018 (EST)