- "My music wants to be free, man."
- — K.K. Slider, Animal Crossing: Wild World
Totakeke "K.K." Slider, (とたけけ, Totakeke), or K.K., is a dog who has appeared in all the Animal Crossing series games to date. His main role is to play and sing songs for the player. He made a cameo appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and in Dōbutsu no Mori (film). He was also one of the three Animal Crossing characters to be a trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee, the others being Mr. Resetti and Tom Nook. He has recorded a performance called K.K. Slider: Live at the Roost. There are a total of 55 songs in the original Animal Crossing, 70 songs in Wild World, 75 in City Folk, and 91 in New Leaf. See the full article here.
K.K. Slider has a stereotypical laid-back musician's nature, which is reflected in his mellow speech towards the player. He comes across as someone who wants to be liberated, as shown by his rebellion against putting a price on his songs. This adds to the musician stereotype of going against a particular norm. K.K. seems to have an obvious passion for performing for others, as he offers to play for people for free every Saturday.
In Dōbutsu no Mori and Animal Crossing he starts the game up for the first player. He also sits on the stool by the Train Station. He will sing songs for the player on Saturday nights and give them a copy to take home.
K.K. Slider still has the same role as in the previous installments, though he has added several new songs to his repertoire.
K.K. Slider still sings songs, but now he plays them at The Roost, on Saturday nights from 8pm-Midnight. The first time K.K. Slider is encountered, he will play a random song, however, on all subsequent visits, the player can request a song, or by saying 'Not this time,' K.K. will sing a random song. After the performance, whether it was random or requested, he slips a free bootleg of the song into your pockets, saying "Hey, I gave you a boot. You know, a bootleg. Those industry fat cats try to put a price on my music, but it wants to be free." Some new songs have been added.
K.K. Slider has the same role in Wild World, but now he gives encores. The player can tell him exactly what song you want to hear, or let him pick. Another way to choose a song is to tell him a mood, and he will pick something out based on it. As with Wild World, he will be in The Roost starting at 8pm to Midnight and some new songs have been added. However, the player will not receive a bootleg copy of the encore.
K.K. Slider once again appears but this time in a separate building called Club LOL. Now he will perform remixed NES tunes and some of his tracks for the player to listen to. There are several new songs. His appearance has changed, he now wears glasses, a nice cap, and has headphones. On Saturday nights at 8pm, as in previous games, he will perform with his guitar and play original songs and requests.
K.K. Slider as he appears in Animal Crossing: The Movie
K.K. Slider has a minor role in the film. Margie asks him to play K.K. Bossa, which was renamed K.K.'s Rhythm in the movie.
K.K. Slider, along with Tom Nook and Mr. Resetti, appears as a trophy.
| A wandering musician whose daily life is a bit of a mystery. He plays in front of the train station every Saturday night starting at 8.00 p.m. He has a large repertoire and plays both old and new hits from all over the world. His music is so ingrained in the villagers that it's impossible to imagine them living without it.
||#282 K.K. Slider
| A wandering musician. He plays concerts every Saturday night at the Roost in the basement of the museum. All he carries is a single acoustic guitar, but he can play music from all genres. You can request a single tune per concert, and afterward he'll give you a recording of the song to take home. In Animal Crossing: Wild World, his playlist included 70 songs.
| Collect all Songs
Names in other languages
||Kéké is pronounced like K.K., and Laglisse is roughly translated as Slider
- In Animal Crossing, he says his name is Totakeke, but prefers the nickname K.K. Slider. He has not mentioned his formal moniker in subsequent English releases, however.
- He is named after Animal Crossing sound designer, Kazumi Totaka. His Japanese name is taken from the Japanese tradition that last names be written first, so it is Totaka Kazumi. That can be shortened to "Totaka K.", which sounds like "Totakeke".
- K.K. Song was also composed by Totaka and appears in various Nintendo titles, including Mario Paint, Yoshi's Story, and Luigi's Mansion.
- Most of K.K. Slider's music is composed by Toru Minegishi, who has also composed much of the music for recent Zelda and Mario titles.
- K.K. Slider's songs use the sounds "Queh", "Quay", "O", "Ah", "Me", "Na", "Now", "Le", and "Moo". In some songs, he will howl, whistle, click, and hum.
- K.K. Slider is on the cover of all Animal Crossing games except Animal Crossing.
- The only song with actual lyrics is K.K. Bossa, which was called K.K.'s Rhythm in the Animal Crossing movie.
- K.K. Slider plays either an acoustic or a country guitar.
- Because K.K. Slider wants his music to be free (and therefore does not charge the player for a copy of his music), Tom Nook does not charge a single Bell for his songs. However, in Animal Crossing, Tom Nook will pay 5 bells for them, though they cannot be bought back. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, songs can be bought from T.I.Y., T&T Emporium or the catalog for 3,200 Bells each.
- He is the first character to appear in an Animal Crossing game, being the first character to appear in Dōbutsu no Mori and Animal Crossing, asking the player some questions after the title screen.
- When K.K. plays a song, his right paw never actually reaches the guitar strings.
- In Animal Crossing: City Folk, cranky villagers think that Phineas is K.K.'s day job.
- If a song is requested that K.K. doesn't know, K.K. will play a random background tune and tell the player he does not know the song.
- In the original four games, Copper, the police dog, always wishes to listen to some of K.K.'s songs, though he denies it when asked about it.
- His famous quote "Those industry fat cats try to put a price on my music, but it wants to be free" has been mentioned on various news websites regarding illegal file sharing.
- If the gates are open in Wild World, K.K. will not appear until they are closed. This because K.K. cannot perform in the multiplayer mode until City Folk.
- When K.K. Slider plays a song in Animal Crossing, sometimes Mr. Resetti will appear in the background.
- The player can obtain his picture by giving him a country guitar in Wild World or attending 20 of his acoustic performances in New Leaf.
| It has been suggested that the trivia section be shortened by relocating relevant information into the main article.
|| This article or section is under construction; please excuse its current appearance. You can help develop this page by making an edit.
|| This article requires a cleanup to meet Nookipedia's quality standard.|
Please edit this page to improve it. Feel free to discuss this cleanup on the article's talk page.