Nookipedia Game Night is a biweekly activity on the Nookipedia Discord. Every two weeks, users come together and play online enabled games to work together, compete, and overall have fun.
- What is Nookipedia Game Night?
- Nookipedia Game Night is a biweekly event held on the Nookipedia Discord to play mainly Nintendo games with other members.
- How do I participate?
- Make sure you check the pinned messages for anything needing to be done beforehand if needed or if you need to add one of the Game Night hosts.
- Where do I go to check what game is coming up for Game Night and when?
- Use !gamenight in either the #game-night or #bot-spam text channels for the date and time of the event and what we'll be playing. You can also check the "Next Game Night" section for the information as well.
- What gaming platforms are used for Game Nights?
- We mainly play on current Nintendo consoles, but we are open to play on other platforms as long as there is interest and a good turnout. Past systems include the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
- I don't have a microphone, do I still need to join the Gaming/Game Night voice chat?
- Yes, it is highly recommended you do so to avoid any potential confusion. In games like Minecraft and Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo, it is much easier for hosts to communicate through voice chat as they have a lot to manage on their end. Having everyone in the event be apart of voice chat regardless of whether they speak or not helps them as they will know everyone involved are able to listen to their directions and know what is currently going on in the game.
Game Night Rules
All rules and guidelines on the Nookipedia Discord also apply to Nookipedia Game Night, with a few changes. Please follow the ruleset below:
- Text to Speech is allowed only in the #voice-text channel for user enjoyment and memes. Please use in moderation and try not to overuse the command.
- While in the event, you must listen to the host at all times. Failure to do so may result in penalties (listed below).
- Voice Chat is used to convey instructions from the event host and to chat with other members of Game Night. Please refrain from talking over people and avoid having any background noise so you are better understood to other participants.
- Please only join the voice chat if you plan on participating in the Game Night event.
- If you're playing in Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo (Nokipeda), please follow these guidelines. Failure to do so may prevent you from joining future Game Nights held in Nokipeda.
- Avoid taking dropped items, fruit from trees, or items on sale in Re-Tail unless otherwise directed to do so.
- While Nokipeda was originally intended to be a town to be built from the ground-up, tree and bush planting is no longer permitted as PoizonMushro0m has taken up town care-taking responsibilities.
If a Game Night participant doesn't listen to instructions, ignores rules, or exhibit any other behavior not deemed appropriate, some penalties are put in place once agreed upon by Nookipedia Staff and Moderators. This is rarely ever put in place, due to very few problematic users on the Nookipedia Discord.
- Voice Chat mute, must resort to talking in #game-night or #voice-chat for duration of session
- Kicked from event and game
- Banned from future Game Night events
Game Night Coordinators
In order for Nookipedia Game Nights to run smoothly, hosts are needed. Nookipedia Game Night Coordinators are tasked with deciding on what game to host and moderating the event. In the rare moment a Game Night Coordinator can't host an event, a trusted long-time Discord member may be called in to host and report back to a Discord moderator on how the event went. If you need to have a quick question about Nookipedia Game Night, these are the users to turn to.
Discord Game Night Coordinators:
- @PoizonMushro0m#6666 (Lead Nookipedia Game Night Coordinator)
- @WeatherGeek | Caleb#1492
Next Game Night
Date and Time: July 26th, 2018 at 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time
What We're Playing: Splatoon 2
Host: @WeatherGeek | Caleb#1492