As a way of staying connected and building a community, Nookipedia publicly launched its own Discord server on November 12, 2016. Discord is a free, easy way for all users to discuss Animal Crossing, our wiki, and more - and we encourage you to join!
We encourage every editor, reader, and fan of Nookipedia to join through this link. If you don't have an account yet, you can create one when prompted through the link. Note that new Discord users will have to wait 5 minutes before being able to post on the Nookipedia server, to protect against spam.
The server has several "channels" you can participate in. Try to keep the talk in each channel on-topic! Channels with a lock icon next to them are inaccessible by default and hidden to other members of the server who do not have the permissions to access them.
- #rules-and-info - Allows members to view the rules, guidelines, and info about the Discord server.
- #announcements - Announcements from the server's staff and moderators.
- #welcome - A place to introduce yourself! Name, hobbies, what you play, whether you're a fan or reader...whatever you want!
- #general - General discussion - almost anything goes! Keep it civil and clean.
- #realtalk - Use this channel to discuss real-life issues. Due to the potentially sensitive nature of these discussions, we have zero tolerance for inappropriate or rude behavior in this channel.
- #gaming - Use this channel to discuss various other games not related to the Animal Crossing series.
- #game-night - Discussion pertaining to the biweekly Nookipedia Game Nights.
- #animal-crossing - Discussion related to the Animal Crossing series of video games.
- #new-horizons - Discussion related to Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
- #nh-pics - Share your New Horizons pics.
- #nh-online - Share your Dodo Codes from New Horizons and visit each others' islands.
- #design-sharing - Share your design patterns from the Animal Crossing series.
- #pocket-camp - Discussion related to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.
- #wiki-general - General discussions regarding the Nookipedia wiki. Mostly serious.
- #wiki-furniture - Discussions of the furniture across the series.
- #wiki-museum - Discussions of the fish, bugs, and fossils.
- #wiki-villagers - Discussions of the articles and lists on villagers.
- #memes - A place to share memes.
- #artwork - A place to share artwork made by other people.
- #creators-corner - A place to share creations that you made, such as artwork or Animal Crossing designs.
- #trivia - Take part in trivia sessions here using the !trivia command. Hosted by Ribbot.
- #bot-spam - Dump for testing bot commands and features.
- #huddle - A private room for off-topic staff discussion. Open to staff, moderators, community patrollers, developers and fanart curators.
- #reset-surveillance-center - A private room for Discord staff, moderators, and patrollers to discuss staff matters.
- #mods - A private room for Discord staff and moderators to discuss staff matters.
- #staff - A private room for Nookipedia staff members to discuss staff matters.
- #fanart - A private room for fanart curators to discuss and vote on fanart to be featured.
- #development - A private room for server staff and developers to discuss tool and bot development.
- #bot-test - A private room for testing bots.
We also have a few voice channels to use if you do not feel like typing out your messages. When using them, we ask that you please keep to the voice channel topic. All of the rules that are in place for our text channels also apply to our voice chat channels.
- #voice-text - Normal text chat to be used in conjunction with any of the voice channels (to share links during discussion, etc.).
- 🔊General - General voice discussion - almost anything goes! Keep it civil and clean.
- 🔊Gaming/Game Night - Voice channel to use when playing Animal Crossing and various other games. Also functions as the main source of communication for Nookipedia Game Nights!
- 🔊Staff - Voice channel for Discord staff, moderators, and patrollers to discuss staff matters.
The following channels are no longer visible by the users other than staff. Some of the channels may become available in the future.
- #new-horizons-leaks - Discussion related to the unreleased content for New Horizons.
- #ac-survivor - A game/contest in the style of the reality TV show Survivor. 64 villagers from the Animal Crossing series battle it out, and only one will be left standing at the end! Who will be the Sole Survivor? That's up to you!
- #reddit-feed - An automated feed of the top-ten posts from the Animal Crossing subreddit.
- Users should be at least 13 years of age.
- Keep it clean and respect one another. Avoid mini-modding, solicitation, spamming external links and images, using anything obscene, violent, dangerous, or hateful messages about race, gender, religion, or politics.
- Impersonating another member is forbidden.
- Linking or uploading files other than images is prohibited. Images include, but are not limited to, JPG, PNG, GIF, and WebM files.
- Keep in mind that the Discord is public - revealing excessive personal information about yourself (such as last names, phone numbers, and home addresses) is not allowed. Online info, such as 3DS friend codes and dream addresses from Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo are allowed. Please use !gpc only with the user's permission.
- Discussions of hacking and/or glitches in the Animal Crossing series is generally accepted, but links or details of how to hack into any game or console is not allowed out of respect for intellectual property and to protect users from getting banned, bricking their devices, or downloading malware.
- Try to stay on the topic of the text channel you are in. (ex: Animal Crossing discussions in the #animal-crossing channel, etc.)
- If you see something that violates the rules or otherwise makes you uncomfortable, please do not hesitate to contact any of the staff members or moderators on the server. Just remember to keep it relevant and avoid ping spamming.
- Please do not advertise other servers without prior approval from Mods or Staff.
- Any interactions with other users in Animal Crossing games is at your own discretion. We are not responsible for anything that occurs as a result of your participation in online play with other users.
|Discord Username||Wiki Username||Rank||Contact||Time zone||Specializes in||Status|
|@Decomposer#0962||Decomposer||Staff||Talk page | Email||Wiki support||Around|
|@DorsalAxe#0190||Dorsal Axe||Staff||Talk page | Email||Wiki support||Active|
|@Drago#7634||Drago||Staff||Talk page | Email||UTC ()||Wiki support||Active|
|@Jake#3240||Jake||Staff||Talk page | Email||UTC-5 ()||Wiki support, Technical support, Developer||Around|
|@Ocre#5757||Ocre||Staff||Talk page | Email||Wiki support||Active|
|@sunmarsh#2802||sunmarsh||Staff||Talk page | Email||UTC-5 ()||Wiki support||Around|
|@SuperHamster#0001 (@Kayvan#0001)||SuperHamster||Staff||Talk page | Email||UTC-6 ()||Wiki support, Fanart Curator, Developer||Active|
|@vmario97#2516 (@vmario#2516)||Vmario97||Staff||Talk page | Email||UTC+2 ()||Wiki support, Fanart Curator||Active|
|@ZCJigglypuff#0381||ZCJigglypuff||Staff||Talk page | Email||UTC+11 ()||Wiki support||Active|
|@Froyo#0273||Moderator||UTC-5 ()||Discord Game Night Coordinator||Active|
|@PoizonMushro0m#6666||PoizonMushro0m||Moderator||Talk page | Email||UTC-7 ()||Wiki support, Discord Game Night Coordinator, Fanart Curator||Active|
|@Señor Mexicano#4935||Señor Mexicano||Moderator||Talk page | Email||UTC-8 ()||Discord Game Night Coordinator||Active|
|@WeatherGeek | Caleb#1492||WeatherGeek||Moderator||Talk page | Email||UTC-5 ()||Discord Game Night Coordinator, Developer||Active|
- Staff of the Nookipedia wiki. Not only do they help the moderators enforce the rules, they also are the decision makers. They have the final say so on the server. If you ever have a problem with a moderator go to them.
- Moderators watch the chat and enforce the rules of the chat. They work closely with Staff to ensure that everyone has a good time!
- Community Patrollers are active members who help by answering questions about the server and Animal Crossing. They work closely with Staff and Moderators in the case of any rule breaking users.
- Our helpful Discord bot, Ribbot, serves as a GPC creation tool and assists Staff and Moderators with moderation duties.
- Users who have recently edited the Nookipedia wiki. This lets users easily identify editors and for editors to be pinged when needed.
- NIWA Affiliate
- This role is for our friends that are staff members at other NIWA sites! Please contact a staff member to request the role.
- Fanart Curator
- These users help bring in fanart from across various sites to be showcased on Nookipedia:Featured Fanart.
- This role is for those who work hard behind the scenes to keep everything running. They also spend time creating fun new features for the wiki and Ribbot, our chat bot.
- Assigned to the wiki directors, SuperHamster and Jake; this role allows them to add other users to the Staff role.
- Rarely assigned role, only used when certain users become problematic.
Nookipedia has an official chat bot named Ribbot! You can use the following commands to interact with Ribbot.
- !8: Ask 8 ball a question
- !choose: Chooses between multiple choices.
- !flip: Flips a coin... or a user.
- !lmgtfy: Creates a lmgtfy link
- !poll: Starts/stops a poll
- !roll: Rolls random number (between 1 and user choice)
- !rps: Play rock paper scissors
- !serverinfo: Shows server's informations
- !stopwatch: Starts/stops stopwatch
- !urban: Urban Dictionary search
- !userinfo: Shows users's informations
- !gamenight: Retrieves the most current info on Nookipedia Game Night
Friendcodes and Town Info:
- !gpc: Retrieves player information, including friendcode and dreamcode. E.g. !gpc @discordUser
- !spc: Intial Playercard Set Up. Use quotations around values with spaces. E.g. !spc 1234-1234-1234 5678-5678-5678 "My Town"
- !upc: Use this command to update a field on your card! E.g. !upc dreamCode 5678-5678-5678
Villager Info Lookup:
- !villager: Looks up villager information and posts it as a message. E.g. !villager Angus
- !trivia: Starts a trivia session. E.g. !trivia pokemon
- !trivia list: Provides a list of all trivia sets.
- !trivia stop: Stops an ongoing trivia session. This command must be used in order to change to a different trivia list.
- !daily: Gives you your daily treasure.
- !collection: Shows all the treasure you have collected.