As a way of staying connected and building a community, Nookipedia publicly launched its own Discord server on November 12, 2016. Discord is a free, easy way for all users to discuss Animal Crossing, our wiki, and more - and we encourage you to join!
We encourage every editor, reader, and fan of Nookipedia to join through this link. If you don't have an account yet, you can create one when prompted through the link.
The server has several "channels" you can participate in. Try to keep the talk in each channel on-topic! Channels with a lock icon next to them are inaccessible by default and hidden to other members of the server who do not have the permissions to access them.
- #announcements - Announcements from the server's staff members.
- #welcome - A place to introduce yourself! Name, hobbies, what you play, whether you're a fan or reader...whatever you want!
- #general - General discussion - almost anything goes! Keep it civil and clean.
- #animal-crossing - Discussion related to the Animal Crossing series of video games.
- #wiki - Discussions regarding the Nookipedia wiki. Mostly serious.
- #bot-spam - Dump for testing bot commands and features.
- #mods - A private room for Discord moderators to discuss staff matters.
- #staff - A private room for Nookipedia staff members to discuss staff matters.
- #fanart - A private room for fanart curators to discuss and vote on fanart to be featured.
- #development - A private room for developers to discuss tool and bot development.
- #bot-test - A private room for testing bots.
- Users should be at least 13 years of age.
- Keep it clean and respect one another. Avoid spamming external links and images, using profanity and anything obscene, violent, dangerous, racist, hateful, etc.
- Impersonating another member is forbidden.
- Keep in mind that the Discord is public - revealing excessive personal information about yourself (such as last names, phone numbers, and home addresses) is not allowed. Online info, such as 3DS friend codes and dream addresses from Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo are accepted though.
- Discussions of hacking and/or glitches in the Animal Crossing series is generally accepted, but links or details of how to hack into any game or console is not allowed out of respect for intellectual property and to protect users from getting banned, bricking their devices, or downloading malware.
- Try to stay on the topic of the text channel you are in. (ex: Animal Crossing discussions in the #animal-crossing channel, etc.)
- If you see something that violates the rules or otherwise makes you uncomfortable, please do not hesitate to contact any of the staff members or moderators on the server.