- "She's very energetic and cheerful. I bet she'd be more than willing to share some of her energy with you!"
- — Isabelle, talking about a peppy villager, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Rosie, a peppy villager who appears in all of the Animal Crossing series games, as well as in the film.
|Villagers count by game|
|Villagers count by type|
Peppy villagers are energetic, friendly, and overly excited, allowing them to get along easily with many villagers. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, they speak with chipper, bouncy voices and enjoy cheering when talking with players and other villagers; they are rarely discouraged from doing anything. They come out of their homes often and are always excited to see the player. In Animal Crossing, they go to sleep at 11:30 PM and wake up at 7:00 AM. In Animal Crossing: Wild World and Animal Crossing: City Folk, they sleep at 2:30 AM and wake up at 7:00 AM, and in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, they go to sleep at 1 AM and wake up at 9 AM. In New Horizons peppy villagers always sleep at 1:30 AM and wake up 7 AM. They have short attention spans, making them forget easily, and wild imaginations, which may sometimes lead them to unintentionally gossip about other villagers. They often say stereotypical valley girl phrases like "omigosh!!!" and "like" (as in, "That is, like, so cool!"). When they are describing certain things, they often use "SOOOO" and "totally!". Their ambition is to be popular or famous, claiming letters sent by the player as "fan mail" and are jealous when the player is the center of attention, claiming it to be their job.
- See also: Peppy/Conversations
They find it easy to get along with other villagers, but may become the center of jokes and gossip created by snooty and cranky villagers, and when either of two are rude, peppy villagers are rude back to them. They get along with normal, smug, big sister, lazy and jock villagers, who naturally avoid making rude comments and share similar lifestyles with them, such as kindness with normal villagers, food with lazy villagers, activities with jock villagers, fashion advice with smug villagers and advice from big sister villagers. They do not hesitate to talk to snooty and cranky villagers, but may sometimes annoy them with their conflicting habits, such as jumpiness, which conflicts with the cranky/snooty "refined" stature.
Below are some (not all) quotes made by peppy villagers.
- "Hiya, <Player>! What's going on, <catchphrase>?"
- "Hey, how lucky am I? You're so chatty today, <catchphrase>!"
- "Hey, <player>! I keep hearing people say you're, like, totally a <rumor>. I'm way jealous that you're the center of attention right now! That's supposed to be my job!"
- "You know, catching bugs would be SO much easier if they'd just hop into my net! What I need is some bait! I wonder if some yummy fried ice cream would lure 'em in?
- "Anytime I see <male villager> and <female villager> hanging out together, I'm all like, look at those two! They seem to have the perfect relationship. Nothing too serious, but totally not shallow, either. Sometimes I forget that friends are for fun, you know? We could learn a lesson from those two!"
- "I adore living alone. It seems like the grown-up thing to do! But I was SO nervous when I arrived in town. Silly me, right? I managed to make some friends! Awesome friends, like <villager>, and you, <player>!"
- Discounting species that exclusively contain male villagers, no alligator, deer, eagle, goat, octopus, or rhinoceros villagers have ever had the peppy personality.
Names in other languages
- Beginning in Animal Crossing: City Folk, one villager who has the peppy personality in previous games had their personality changed; beginning in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, three more had their personalities changed. If these villagers are counted, there are a total of 73 peppy villagers across the series.
- Vivaracha (Vivacious) in the first edition of the book.
- FuturePress. Animal Crossing: New Horizons Official Companion Guide.
- FuturePress. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Das offizielle Begleitbuch
- FuturePress. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - La guía oficial
- FuturePress. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Guide compagnon officiel
- FuturePress. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - La guida ufficiale