- "She's very energetic and cheerful. I bet she'd be more than willing to share some of her energy with you!"
- — Isabelle, talking about a peppy villager, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Peppy villagers are female characters who are incessantly friendly and excitable, making them very quick to apologize for anything they regret doing, even if they had not done anything particularly wrong. They account their hyperactivity to candy consumption, although the link between sugar intake and energetic behavior is disproven. Peppy villagers like cooking and will talk about it when the player is at their house. They are the female equivalent to the male jock villagers. There are currently 67 peppy villagers, four of which (Charlise, Paula, Plucky and Violet) had their personality changed in Animal Crossing: City Folk (for Violet) or Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
Peppy villagers are energetic, friendly, and overly excited, allowing them to get along easily with many villagers. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, they speak with chipper, bouncy voices and enjoy cheering when talking with players and other villagers; they are rarely discouraged from doing anything. They come out of their homes often and are always excited to see the player. In Animal Crossing, they go to sleep at 11:30 PM and wake up at 7:00 AM. In Animal Crossing: Wild World and Animal Crossing: City Folk, they sleep at 2:30 AM and wake up at 7:00 AM, and in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, they go to sleep at 1:00 AM and wake up at 9:00 AM. They have short attention spans, making them forget easily, and wild imaginations, which may sometimes lead them to unintentionally gossip about other villagers. They often say stereotypical peppy words and phrases like "omigosh!!!" and "like" (as in, "That is, like, so cool!"). When they are describing certain things, they often use "SOOOO" and "totally!". Their ambition is to be popular or famous, claiming letters sent by the player as "fan mail" and are jealous when the player is the center of attention, claiming it to be their job.
They find it easy to get along with other villagers, but may become the center of jokes and gossip created by snooty and cranky villagers, and when either of two are rude, peppy villagers are rude back to them. They get along with normal, smug, uchi, lazy and jock villagers, who naturally avoid making rude comments and share similar lifestyles with them, such as kindness with normal villagers, food with lazy villagers, activities with jock villagers, fashion advice with smug villagers and advice from uchi villagers. They do not hesitate to talk to snooty and cranky villagers, but may sometimes annoy them with their conflicting habits, such as jumpiness, which conflicts with the cranky/snooty "refined" stature.
Below are some (not all) quotes made by peppy villagers.
- "Hiya, <Player>! What's going on, <catchphrase>?"
- "You love to yak, don't you? Me TOO! Let's talk!"
- "Hey, <player>! I keep hearing people say you're, like, totally a <rumor>. I'm way jealous that you're the center of attention right now! That's supposed to be my job!"
- "You know, catching bugs would be SO much easier if they'd just hop into my net! What I need is some bait! I wonder if some yummy cheesecake would lure 'em in?
- "Anytime I see <male villager> and <female villager> hanging out together, I'm all like, look at those two! They seem to have the perfect relationship. Nothing too serious, but totally not shallow, either. Sometimes I forget that friends are for fun, you know? We could learn a lesson from those two!"
- "I adore living alone. It seems like the grown-up thing to do! But I was SO nervous when I arrived in town. Silly me, right? I managed to make some friends! Awesome friends, like <villager>, and you, <player>!