- This article is about a personality from the Animal Crossing series. For the villager, please see Snooty (villager).
- "She's very calm and grown up. I'm not the only person in town who looks up to her!"
- — Isabelle, talking about a Snooty villager, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Snooty villagers are female characters in the Animal Crossing series. They are called snooty villagers because they appear big headed and arrogant in the games. They are usually portrayed wearing make-up and styling clothes which match their style, as well as owning luxurious looking homes, though there are some exceptions. In some conversations, they might mention that they have a boyfriend. They are the female equivalent to the male cranky villagers. There are currently 66 snooty villagers so far, one of them (Julia) earlier had other personalities. Two of them have different personality as in Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo.
Snooty villagers are well-spoken and sometimes appear offensive and rude towards other villagers, including the player. They are self-centered and sarcastic, but if the player talks to them often, they open up and become more talkative, sometimes give the player lessons in fashion. However, this doesn't prevent them from making the occasional scathing comment. Snooty villagers usually have exotic or upper-class names, or names relating to high-value items and gemstones, making them easy to distinguish when talking to villagers around the town.
Snooty villagers go to sleep at 2:00 AM, and wake up at 9:00 AM. In New Leaf, they wake up at 9:30 AM. Like with the peppy and normal villagers, they read "Ms. Nintendique" frequently, coming out with quotations from the magazine such as what their lucky item of the day is, or saying that they bought so much blush that the magazine gave them a shirt, and then they say, "Here, you can have it!" and give it to the player. They will often talk about Gracie and how much they love her clothing.
They will find it difficult to socialize with lazy, jock, and peppy villagers, who have conflicting lifestyles to their own. They don't understand how lazy villagers can relax and not worry about their physical appearance. Jocks often criticize snooty villagers for their lack of fitness, who can't fathom how someone can be so concerned about exercise but not about fashion, and peppy villagers frankly complain to snooty villagers about their rudeness.
Snooty villagers will get along with normal, cranky, and other snooty villagers, but also sometimes start fights with them.
Below are some (not all) quotes made by snooty villagers.
- Oh hey! I've been hearing people talk about you. They're saying you don't speak politely. Really, being polite is the easiest thing in the world. Just say "please" a lot. As in, "please share your <dessert> with me, or else!" Or, "please don't spread rumors about me, or else!" Got it, (catchphrase)?"
- You know, <player name>, when I was a kid, I wanted to be a pop star. But there was one thing that I didn't have...
Responses will be:
"What was it?"
Below is relevant only to Animal Crossing: Wild World.
Snooty villagers will ask the player the following question to trigger their portrait-giving sequence:
- "This may sound sudden to but... You do have siblings right?"
- Responses will be:
- "Why do you ask?"
- "I don't know."
- By choosing "I don't know", and after a tirade about being mysterious, she will reply by saying:
- "What would you say if I gave this to you? This is very rare."
- The player can respond by saying this:
- "You go, girl?"
All snooty villagers will say that at one point (if talked to enough).