- "You know, he might seem like a bit of a show-off, but he's still quite the lighthearted gentleman!"
- — Isabelle, talking about a Smug villager, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Smug is a new male villager personality introduced in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Smug villagers tend to be kind and polite, and get along well with other villagers. Smug villagers also cannot be default villagers. They are the male equivalent to the female uchi villagers.
They are kind-hearted villagers that act very polite, and sometimes gentlemen like, and are known to flirt with the player regardless of gender. They will easily get along with other neighbors, and seem to be a mix between all male villagers. They fall asleep at 2:00 a.m. and wake up at 8:30 a.m.
Below are some (not all) quotes made by smug villagers.
- "How goes it, <player>! If I may be so bold, you're looking as cool as a fair number of cucumbers."
- "Hey, <player>. Seems quiet today, huh? Like, too quiet. <catchphrase>."
- "Hey, <player>. I feel like we need more dancing happening right now. (Villager does flourish emotion) Shoom! OK, that's a little better."
- "I've seen you a lot today. <catchphrase> Nothing like a chat with <villager> to brighten your day, yeah?"
- "...My relationship with that famous actress? Ah, we're just good friends who go way back! ...What, really? A press conference? Please contact my office for those kinds of things. All right, I know <town name> has nothing like that, <player>. I figured I'd just pretend. Hah ha! But now I feel kinda dumb... (Villager fells a cold chill)"
- "Oh boy. Rumors are scary, don't you think? Apparently, <villager> and I are... Well, if I understand it right, people think we're cousins somehow, <catchphrase>. Huh? Are we? Well...I don't know. I've gotta protect <villager>'s privacy, so I can't tell you anything else about this! "
- "According to the fortune-teller, Katrina, your fortune changes every single day. She says you can slightly change your luck if you carry a lucky item on either lucky or unlucky days. Lucky days will be even better, but days with bad luck will be totally neutralized by the lucky item. (Villager blushes) I'd like to increase my luck in love. (villager laughs) If I could do that, I'd wear anything I'd have to!"