- Echoing the above comments, you've been sorely missed!
Aw, now I'll have to wait another year before I can demote you!:P Drago (talk) 05:53, July 19, 2018 (EDT)
Thanks everyone! Sorry to say I won't be back for long, though I will try to drop in more often. School commitments make it very difficult... I miss you all too! (talk) 22:05, August 26, 2018 (EDT)
Salve, Sunmarsh! I really appreciated your message, I kindly thank you. I aim to add in the future all the missing Italian names/explanations, and also contribute in this wiki even more in other fields. I hope this was the right section (and way) to reply to your message. If not, I'm really sorry. I won't do the same mistake twice.--Astrena (talk) 13:59, September 15, 2019 (EDT)
- All of your translations have been very thoughtful so far. Keep up the good work. ;-) You can post your reply on your page, or on mine. It's up to you, really. See you around! (talk) 14:59, September 18, 2019 (EDT)
Re: Editor in chief
Sorry about all this! I do think the editor-in-chief role is a great idea, and I did understand what you wrote in your nomination. The only reason that I made the comment that I did is because the staff applications page has (so far) solely been used for patroller, admin and 'crat applications. Discussion about creating a new position might be better suited to Discord or the Community Fountain, but eh, someone else might disagree! Drago (talk) 13:12, November 13, 2019 (EST)
- No hard feelings Drago, I'm sorry if I read something into your comment that wasn't there. I appreciate you clarifying things. :) I agree that this is unprecedented and should probably involve more community discussion. (talk) 14:03, November 13, 2019 (EST)
Hello, Sunmarsh! Sorry for bothering you with such a trivial question, but I edited Saharah's page to include her appearance in New Horizons, but her character template doesn't show the game. However, this problem doesn't appear in the preview. Did I do something wrong? Could you add it yourself, 'cause I don't seem able to? Thank you and sorry for bothering you with such a problem. --Astrena (talk) 17:30, February 16, 2020 (EST)
- No worries Astrena. I think I figured out the problem; Nookipedia's cache of that page needed to be cleared. If you ever run into an issue where changes to a template are not appearing (this usually happens when you've updated a template but it still looks the same on the target page, but in this case was the result of the template depending on page categorization) you can do the following:
- Click the 'Edit' button on the page.
&action=editat the end of the URL with
&action=purgeand press Enter on your keyboard.
- Select OK on the next page.
- And the page will be updated with all of the latest information/reflect any changes to templates on that page. (talk) 20:24, February 16, 2020 (EST)
Number of villagers in NH
Hello, Sunmarsh! I was strolling around in the Italian AC Twitter, and found this message (which I don't see in other accounts). The link: https://twitter.com/AC_Fuffi/status/1230799906408935424 I'll translate it for you: "Yes, yes. Luckily, today is Friday! At the moment, we are sending information brochures about the Desert Island Package to all Nook's Inc. clients. There will be 383 letters. It'll took some time, but each one of them will be drafted with care!". Should we add this information? --Astrena (talk) 08:55, February 21, 2020 (EST)
- Actually, I just found the UK one: https://twitter.com/AC_Isabelle/status/1230799367105392640 Dunno why it didn't show up before. --Astrena (talk) 09:00, February 21, 2020 (EST)
- Feel free to add the info. We were just talking about this on the Discord, actually. We believe that 383 is just the number of returning villagers but that the real total will be higher than this. (talk) 12:13, February 21, 2020 (EST)
- Hhm, actually another user added it before me, I just placed the reference section. I left it there because I didn't know what to do. Also, dunno if it should be noted the elimination of the Sanrio, Splatoon and Zelda's characters, considering it's lingering between facts and suppositions. Sorry for bothering you with that.--Astrena (talk) 13:06, February 21, 2020 (EST)
- It's not a bother, thanks for being so diligent/keeping up with all of the new updates. Maybe for now we write something like "As the corresponding amiibo are no longer supported, the Sanrio, Splatoon and Zelda crossover characters are not expected to appear in New Horizons." (talk) 16:18, February 21, 2020 (EST)
Hey sunmarsh, I wanted to ask you... could you have some kind of assistant in the villager project. I was the guy who is helping you to do the Daisy Mae article. I hope you respond for me, I don’t have animal crossing but I know a lot about it, I’m having an urge to help you doing the villager project Hope you respond NewHorizonsBoi
- Anyone is welcome to join Project Villager and help out on the project. I would also encourage you to check out our Discord and join the discussion there on the #wiki-villagers channel. (talk) 13:19, April 14, 2020 (EDT)
Hey, just a quick question, you're doing a bunch of edits to the name template but it's breaking the code a bit. Are you planning on changing it? It'd be great, because the current naming scheme is a bit unwieldy (and also a bit problematic; if you don't mind, could you switch "jap" to "jp"?), but if that's the case, I feel like the change probably should've been done first. Just wondering as a newbie, sorry! StrawberryChan (talk) 13:17, May 14, 2020 (EDT)
- Hi, not Sunmarsh, but to provide quicker reply - the params are changing and when they are all changed across the pages, it will be updated to a new look. The new parameter for japanese is actually jp, the new documentation is available here. Paviinka(Message me!) 13:21, May 14, 2020 (EDT)
- Thanks for replying on my behalf, Paviinka! I was away from my computer today. The template is indeed changing and I will (hopefully) have everything finished within the next hour or two. (talk) 02:04, May 15, 2020 (EDT)
New table header
Hey there! Hope you're doing well. I know we're keen on replacing the behemoth of a TableHeader. As an experiment, I slapped up Template:TableTop. It's in the same style we're used to, with color, collapse, sorting, and column parameters. I used the Loops extension to dynamically generate columns based on however many columns are defined, which simplifies it quite a bit. I put TableTop in action with Template:TableTop NH Furniture, which is currently just used at Furniture/New Horizons/Housewares.
Only after this did I notice you've got some experiments going on here. Just wanted to sync up with you, and check to see if what I'm doing is what you had in mind in terms of how we'll organize our table templates going forward. I do really like the new design you've created as well, if we want to move forward with that. ~SuperHamster Talk 05:23, June 10, 2020 (EDT)