Welcome to Nookipedia's Staff Application page! Nookipedia is always looking for active and experienced editors to become a part of its staff, who are granted a few extra tools to aid in the maintenance of the wiki. If you feel that you or another editor is ready to become a staff member or be promoted to higher staff position, please follow the application instructions below.
Before applying, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have made at least 200 mainspace edits since you joined. This only includes edits in the 'Article' namespace. Edits in other namespaces do not count.
- If you post an application and it turns out to be unsuccessful, you must wait at least 90 days, starting from the date the application was closed, before you may apply again.
Failure to meet the above criteria will result in your application being removed on sight. There is, however, one exception detailed below.
Although not mandatory, it is also recommended that you show the following qualities and skills before applying, as this will give you a greater chance of success:
- Knowledge of editing Nookipedia and our policies.
- Willingness and ability to communicate with and help users in a courteous manner.
- Being fairly active.
Any editor can nominate other users for promotions. If nominating another user, you should discuss the nomination first and get their permission. Additionally, the following rules also apply:
- Non-staff editors may only nominate users that meet the criteria detailed above (200 mainspace edits and no failed application in the last 90 days).
- Staff members may nominate any user for a staff position, regardless of whether they have made 200 mainspace edits or not.
Remember, becoming a staff member isn't a big deal - no user is higher than another, and being a member of staff simply means that you have been trusted with extra tools to help out with.
It is suggested that non-staff apply for the Patroller position. All valid applications are considered by the current staff, who offer input and support/opposition. Non-staff users can also provide input in the Comments section, which may be considered in the final decision. A week after an application is submitted (or sooner if the consensus is clear), a Director or Bureaucrat will determine the consensus of the vote and discussion (or extend the time period if needed). If your application fails, though, don't be discouraged! Take any advice into mind, and re-apply (after at least 90 days) when you think you're ready again.
If you think you or another user is ready to become a staff member or be promoted to another staff position, simply fill out the following template and paste it in the Applications section below.
|User = <ENTER USERNAME HERE>
|Rank = <ENTER DESIRED RANK IN STAFF>
|Nomination = <ENTER A FEW WORDS ABOUT YOURSELF OR THE USER YOU ARE NOMINATING> ~~~~
|Jake = <VOTE HERE>
|SuperHamster = <VOTE HERE>
|Mario = <VOTE HERE>
|Drago = <VOTE HERE>
|BladeofEvilsBane = <VOTE HERE>
|sunmarsh = <VOTE HERE>
|ZCJigglypuff = <VOTE HERE>
|LoneShadowStar = <VOTE HERE>
|Vmario97 = <VOTE HERE>
None at this time.
Previous applications are archived at Nookipedia:Staff/Apply/Archives.