The Directors are the staff members in charge of Nookipedia. There are two directors, who manage the wiki's day-to-day operations, lead the staff team, and handle communications with other sites. Additionally, each Director specializes in a different aspect of the site's maintenance. Unlike other staff ranks, promotions to this position are not handled through an application process; when a Director plans on retiring, the two current Directors will select a qualified staff member to fill the position.
In the event of a major vandal attack, directors are able to lockdown editing of the site to users below the Patroller rank, below the Administrator rank, or to all users.
Directors have all of the abilities of a Bureaucrat, as well as these powers:
- Hide a blocked user's name from the block list and log
- Manage all user rights
- Edit interwiki data
- Lock and unlock the site's database
- View, hide and unhide specific revisions of pages from any user
- View the suppression log and checkuser log
- Place 'director blocks', that prevent users from viewing or editing pages
- View statistics and reports about the performance of the site
- Shut down the site entirely in an emergency