Greetings t'ya! Welcome to Project Images! In this newly proposed project, you may have noticed that I have been categorizing/replacing various images on this wiki, as well as uploading new ones. Because this has become such an undertaking, I have decided to convert my efforts into a project for the entire wiki to colaborate on. For those interested in participation, please sign your name at the bottom of the page.
Purpose & Guidelines
The purpose of Project Images is to better organize each image on the wiki based on game/content. Previously, images were only categorized by their license, or not at all, and this resulted in you needing to track down the image you wanted. Another purpose of the project is to give better naming standards to images, which previously only displayed the name of the character/item/mechanic without the game it pertained to, leading to confusion. Therefore, you will want to follow this standard:
- If you are moving, uploading, or replacing CHARACTER images, give the name of the displayed character, followed by an abbreviation of source game, and then something to differentiate it from images of the same name. If the image already exists, but is not named or categorized in the way the guidelines express, it should be moved to a more proper name and given proper categories. An example is shown bellow:
- If you are moving, uploading, or replacing SPRITE images, the same rules as above apply, unless there is also artwork of the same name, in which "sprite" should be added to the end of the name. If the sprite also happens to be an icon, it must have "icon" at the end of the name to avoid confusion. The category "Game Sprites" should be added in addition to the (source game) Images category, as well as the category of which the sprite pertains to, such as "Sprites of Items" or "Icon Sprites"
- If you are moving, uploading, or replacing SCREENSHOTS, the same rules as above apply, except the categories "Game Screenshots" and "(Source game) screenshots" must be applied in place of the Sprite and Character categories. For screenshots, there are many variables that you will find. All are described bellow:
- If the image involves a character, first state the source game, followed by the character (WITHOUT spaces), and then briefly state what the character is doing. (I.E. If you have an image of Kid Cat stuck in a pitfall seed in Animal Crossing: City Folk, you should name it "CFKidCatPitfall"). Then, give it the additional category "Gameplay Screenshots of Villagers" or "Gameplay Screenshots of Special Characters", depending on the character.
- If the image involves a building, gameplay mechanic or object, simply title the image with the source game followed by the building/mechanic/object. Categorize the image using "Gameplay Screenshots of Locations", "Gameplay Screenshots of Game Mechanics", or "Gameplay Screenshots of Objects", respectively.
That should cover everything for now. If you're interested, please sign your name below, or check out several sources for getting the best images:
- Ripping from Source Game
- The Spriters Resource
- Textures Resource
Images that Need Editing
|Villager page work list|
|Once a villager's article page has been updated, use strikethrough markup (|
Please sign your name here if you are interested.