Nookipedia provides the ability for developers to access its content for development projects through two APIs. We encourage developers to use Nookipedia's API to develop bots, tools, applications, and more! This page serves as an introduction to the APIs, as well as a directory of existing developers' projects.
Nookipedia has two APIs available for use: our own custom API, and the standard MediaWiki API.
Nookipedia has its own custom API, which surfaces certain content from Nookipedia's pages. There are currently two endpoints, with more to come:
today, which returns holiday and villager birthday data.
villager, which returns detailed information about a villager.
Users can request access to the API by following the instructions on the page. If you have questions regarding using Nookipedia's API, feel free to post them on the talk page. Users who are actively developing projects using the API are also encouraged to join us on Discord. You'll be assigned the API developer role and will gain access to our support channel where you can ask questions directly. Contact one of Nookipedia's directors for more information.
Nookipedia also has the MediaWiki API, which comes standard on all MediaWiki instances. It can be used to grab statistics about the wiki; edit pages and upload files; grab page content to scrape; and more. If you're new to using the MediaWiki API, we recommend looking over the following to get started:
Nookipedia's text content is released under a CC BY-SA 3.0 license. When using Nookipedia's text in your application, we request that you follow the terms of the license by citing Nookipedia as the source of the information, and linking back to the article's history when possible.
In the spirit of open source and knowledge, we also request that you open source your application (on a site such as GitHub) when possible.
The following is a list of community-made tools that utilize Nookipedia's API. If you have created your own project that isn't listed below, feel free to add it!
- Nookipedia's official organizational projects are hosted at github.com/Nookipedia:
Other projects built by the community are as follows:
- Nookscraper on GitHub: A tool written in Go to scrape data from villager pages.
- PellyBot on Reddit: A reddit bot that posts daily updates to the Animal Crossing subreddit. The updates include events and birthdays for the week.
- Sonchou: Some packages and scripts written in Go that could be useful to future users and developers of Nookipedia. More information can be found in the godoc.
- Nookbot: A bot for the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Discord server. Includes a villager information lookup.