Bureaucrats are the highest ranking staff members on Nookipedia, second only to the Directors. In addition to being members of the administrator team, Bureaucrats have a greater role in establishing the rules of the wiki, and they assist the Directors in resolving staff disputes and other behind-the-scenes work.
Bureaucrats have the ability to manage user ranks and thereby take part in promoting and demoting staff members.
Editor in Chief
One bureaucrat may be designated as the Editor in Chief (EIC) of Nookipedia. This individual shares the responsibility of staff management with other bureaucrats, but is additionally responsible for the overall direction and oversight of the wiki's content, organization, and ongoing maintenance. The Editor in Chief has the authority to propose, authorize, and manage large-scale wiki initiatives such as wiki projects, template and style standards, and to establish areas of priority based on wiki needs and upcoming game/product releases. The EIC is expected to be a member of the site discord to permit ease of communication with editors and staff, and is also strongly encouraged to participate in the NIWA staff discord. The EIC reports to the site directors and shall not hold any direct authority over other bureaucrats.
The Current Editor in Chief of Nookipedia is: sunmarsh (Since November 18, 2019)
This is a list of Nookipedia's Bureaucrats. If you need a Bureaucrat's assistance, please contact one marked as active or, if necessary, around.
Bureaucrats have all of the powers of an Administrator, as well as access to the following abilities:
- Check users' IP addresses and other information
- Delete/restore specific page revisions and log entries
- Rename users
- Modify abuse filters (including those with restricted actions) and view filters marked as private
- Add users to these groups: Administrators, Bureaucrats, Lead Editors, Patrollers, Trustees and EmailRequired
- Remove users from these groups: Administrators, Lead Editors, Patrollers, Trustees and EmailRequired