It's-a me, Mario! This the page to go to if you need to ask questions, file complaints, compliment on my good contributions (and looks), or make death threats. Well, aside from baseless threats, I will likely respond to your posts. I am an administrator after all. Don't be scared of me, I will not bite, especially if you notify me of any missteps, mistakes, misunderstandings, and misstomps (if you do so maturely and timely).
Hi, hello. What did I miss? ™ 13:10, December 2, 2019 (EST)
- Er, the New Horizons reveal. And sunmarsh overthrowing you as Project Furniture leader. :P And you getting demoted from bureaucrat (I can give it back to you if you'd like). And probably lots more...
- But seriously, welcome back! :D Drago (talk) 14:05, December 2, 2019 (EST)
- That's two years I was out, haha. And I'm pretty excited for New Horizons. I do have a moddable Switch so I'm looking forward to when I can dump the game and manage to get the file folders and hopefully the models can be extracted (and if not immediately, just have to wait). I'm really happy sunmarsh was able to pick up where I left off. I don't know if sunmarsh will find any real use from me, but I was able to extract models from Animal Crossing: New Leaf (particularly the furniture ones). Dunno if you're interested, but I'll be at least uploading an upscaled version of that pinball machine (so you can see better the details on it; it has a Mario reference in it).
- If anyone's interested in getting the furniture models, let me know, but the easiest way to have a 3DS with CFW and running GodMode9 to dump the game, and then running something to decrypt the .3ds file, then EveryFileExplorer can open the files. I found furniture models at Item\Model in the file partition while the Cyrus custom furniture is in Ftr\Remake\Texture (need to check that out, this is the more exciting part of it because we don't have great images of custom furniture yet!). Still, the UVs on the models are split in half for many of them, so I had to manually cut them and flip the UVs. Oh finally, I can upload misc items as furniture (like putting flower as furniture). The challenge for me would be to establish a good camera so each render looks consistent, but it can't be super hard. ™ 15:13, December 2, 2019 (EST)
- Of course Mario comes back after I finish revamping the Project Furniture page... do you know how long it took to clean up the mess from the broken soda machine?? Glad to see you again though, really. :) If you'd like to reclaim your place as project leader there, feel free lol. Also we're working on Project Database which will impact the way in which we insert data into tables/templates because we can pull it straight from the DB.... when we get it up and running. Check the #development channel on Discord for more info on that.
- I scanned a DnMe+ guide and have used that to source images for that game and earlier for all Series and Themes (with a few exceptions). I have scans for all the items it's just very tedious to format everything properly in Photoshop so I've given up on that for now. ACWW still has no item images because it uses different models/?textures? than games before or after it and so we'd need to scan items in from a guide or screenshot them from somewhere.
- I have no idea how to do any of the things you mentioned (nor do I really want to homebrew/hack anything) so other than potential help with the modeling/image editing process I'm not sure I'm of much help. I think the HHD Icons work pretty well, however for items not in HHD we would still need images.
- As for me I'm finishing up a major help page revision and am also working on an interwiki partnership with StrategyWiki which will eventually involve major changes to our guide namespace (and potential removal, but that remains to be seen-- I'll bring this up on the Community Fountain for more input as the first phase of the project simply involves interwiki links being placed on StrategyWiki). I'm talking too much so I'm going to stop now. :P (talk) 15:46, December 2, 2019 (EST)
- I see. I need to try editing more to get a habit of being here again before I like to take the reigns again. But yeah, the soda machine! I almost forgot about it. About Project Database, I'm going to be new to that, but it's highly anticipated, sure, and it's good if we can cut down on the repetition of all those pages.
- Noted about the scans. Animal Crossing Wild World's model extraction seems entirely feasible, though, I might, might not, look into it in the future.
- Well, the only thing you really need is a 3D modeling program, I can just do the rest with extracting the models, though the UVs are set up weird so I have to cut models I have in half and then flip half of the UV shell. Dunno if you can UV edit, even if you know what that is, but just a modeling operation. I don't think the custom Cyrus models are in Happy Home Designer so I'll keep it in mind.
- As for guides, well, I like to see how that turns out too. We can definitely have articles on coffee preferences, feng shui in-depth stuff, grass degradation, etc. But since Animal Crossing is so open-ended, might not be a ton of upgrade but we can get into the technical details I guess! ™ 16:21, December 2, 2019 (EST)
- Don't have much to add to the above, just wanted to say: welcome back! :D ~SuperHamster Talk 01:58, December 3, 2019 (EST)
- Hey, yes, I miss you too. ™ 15:52, December 3, 2019 (EST)
Question about Welcome amiibo items
Hey there Mario, I know you mentioned you were able to access the files in ACNL, are you also able to do the same with the update? If so, is there any way to check whether a given item belongs to an officially designated series, theme, or set? ZCJigglypuff shared this site with me which lists some new furniture groupings from the Wa update but we're not certain these are official or not.
P.S. Maybe it's time to add to your talk archive? I had to take a warp pipe to get down here. :P (talk) 10:35, December 19, 2019 (EST)
- Unfortunately, I think furniture information is stored in one of the many .bin files (Item.bin and the other files in Item\Param I suspect), which I don't know can be opened or not. I've seen results for amiibo NFC emulation and using ACNL save editor, but looking at parameters, I haven't seen anything.
- OKey dokey, I need to archive it. You can get Warp Pipes through Fortune Cookies and I don't want others deal with that kind of headache! ™ 10:18, December 21, 2019 (EST)
Wrong dated ?
- I'm not sure if I added that information. ™ 17:37, February 23, 2020 (EST)
Action Required: Email Verification
Hi there! Hope you're doing well. New Horizons is upon us, and that also means some changes to the wiki. We're implementing a new policy where all staff members need to have a verified email address attached to their account. This is to make sure all staff members can be contacted, and more importantly, don't lose access to their account in case they lose their password. Please add+verify an email address by March 22. Staff members that do not have a verified email after this date will be assigned the Email Required user group right, which removes access to some staff permissions, until a verified email is attached. Thank you! ~SuperHamster Talk 00:16, March 18, 2020 (EDT)