|1653 things to do|
Project Clean-Up is dedicated cleaning up a lot of extra things lying around, including: unused files, unused redirects, categories/templates, and miscellaneous other formatting. In addition, it seeks to have the Unused, Categorize, Images, Outdated, Moves, Merges, and Wanted sections on the To-do list cleared of a majority to all of its entries (though clearing all sections would be just as good).
Anyone willing to help is more than welcome to. Many files could be integrated into galleries and articles. Other files may simply be outdated duplicates to be deleted.
This page will be updated with new content frequently.
How can I help?
Start by looking at a section below, reading through written notes. Once any links have been resolved, please remove them from this page. You have my full permission to edit this page.
For images: If they can seemingly be used, open up appropriate pages (galleries, characters, subjects, etc) to check if a similar image is being used or not. If so, determine the higher quality version and delete the alternative. If there is not a similar version used, add it to the page! This is also a good way to check images to make sure they are properly licensed and cateogorized.
For pages to be moved: Follow the instructions in the move or merge box and rewrite accordingly.
For the uncategorized: ...add the appropriate category. If you're unsure of what to add, use Special:AllPages and change the search parameter from (All) to Category: and try to find good fits. Things can also use more than one category!
For unused redirects: Correct all links on pages then flag for deletion. Make sure to confirm with 'What Links Here' for ALL uses.
If you wish to join Project Clean-Up, simply add your signature to the list of current members below.
What do all the symbols mean?
Images of certain bad qualities are tagged with different punctuation marks as follows:
|$||File has the wrong name (IE Tom Nool.png)|
|@||File name or content is in the wrong language|
|%||File is protected|
|~||Image needs licensing|
Convert to PNG and optimize, use the files if they are not used.
Images tagged with Template:No license
...there's no category for these?
- File:Grass Shades.png
Redirects here should be manually replaced to link to the destination or to use inline redirects (ie [[Actual link|name used]]).
Directly replace these on the used pages, then delete them.
- File:Antonio NH Icon.png
- File:Astrid NH Icon.png
- File:Avery NH Icon.png
- File:Ankha NH Icon.png
- File:Annalisa NH Icon.png
- File:Annalise NH Icon.png
- File:Weber NL.png
- File:Wisp NL.png
These pages need to link somewhere else
Not to impede much on writing projects, these 10 (non-disambiguous) pages are the smallest of the smallest and should be improved as much as possible.
List contains pages that haven't been edited in at least 2 years. While not guaranteed, usually the older a page lasts without edits the more improvements or changes that can be made. Disambig pages were excluded.
Real World Images CC improvements
Many of these are unlicensed, unsourced (a requirement under CC), or incorrectly licensed. While I started fixing the category early 2020 I never finished it...until now, hopefully. Make sure all images contain the correct Creative Commons license, a linked source, and all stand image formatting. If you can't find the original source, find a new suitable version (suggestion: wikimedia commons) and re-upload it FROM SCRATCH. The old file must be completely deleted. I haven't checked all of these, so some of them may already be ok and can be deleted. Some of these may be listed as public domain, but are actually not public domain (since I have found them on wikimedia commons as well), and they should double checked too. May also be a good time to standardize these file names, wink wink.
- File:Isao Moro image.jpg
- File:Insect- dragonfly.jpg
- File:House centipede real.jpeg
- File:Houmuwu Ding.jpg
- File:Guppy Real.jpg this should be optimized
- File:Great White Shark Real.jpg this should be optimized
- File:Golden Trout Real.jpg
- File:Giant Cicada Real.jpg a better version should probably be found
- File:Emperor Butterfly Real.jpg should be optimized but link moved to the CC template
- File:Dynastid beetle real.jpg this should be optimized if a source is found
- File:Discus real.jpg
- File:Dharmas Real.jpg
- File:Dandelion Real.jpg
- File:Common dab.jpg should be optimized but link moved to the CC template
- File:Common Butterfly Real.jpg this should be optimized
- File:Coelacanth Real.jpg this should be optimized
- File:Coconut Crab.jpg
- File:Chum Salmon Real.png resource and re-upload as native jpg
- File:Cherry Salmon Real.jpg this should be optimized; delete first revision
- File:Catfish Real.jpg
- File:Carp Real.jpg
- File:Capitoline Wolf.jpg
- File:Cairns Birdwing Real.jpg this should be optimized
- File:Butterfly Fish Real.jpg revert to original size; optimize; delete initial revisions
- File:Brachypelma smithi tarantula.jpg
- File:Brown Cicada Real.jpg should be optimized but link moved to the CC template
- File:Bust of Nefertiti.jpg should be optimized but link moved to the CC template
- File:Bluegill Real.jpg
- File:Blue Chionoecetes opilio.jpg
- File:Black bass copyright.jpg
- File:Bitterling Real.jpg
- File:Birdwing Butterfly.jpg
- File:Berlin Archaeopteryx.jpg
- File:Basket of Fruit.jpg
- File:Barred Knifejaw.jpg
- File:Bagworm Real.jpg
- File:Aya Kyogoku.jpg
- File:Arowana Real.jpg
- File:Argrias real.jpg
- File:Arapaima Real.jpg
- File:Angelfish Real.jpg
- File:Ambassadeurs - Aristide Bruant.jpg
- File:A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte.jpg
- File:A Bar at the Folies-Bergère.jpg should be optimized; perhaps move file to not contain accent?
Want to help out other wikis? Look no further!
- Pikmin Fanon
- Lylat Wiki
- Smash Wiki
- Wars Wiki
- Dragon Quest Wiki