Mom's Mother's Day letter in New Leaf.
|Varies depending on region (see recurrence)
Names in other languages
Fête des mères
Día de la Madre
Festa della mamma
Fête des Mères
Día de la Madre
Mother's Day is an event in the Animal Crossing series in which the player's mother is celebrated. In North America it occurs on the second Sunday of May, though the date of the event differs by region.
Animal Crossing and Doubutsu no Mori e+
Animal Crossing: City Folk and Animal Crossing: New Leaf
On Mother's Day in Animal Crossing: City Folk and Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the player will receive a Pink Carnation in a letter from their mother, similar to how the player receives a Red Carnation on Father's Day.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
While Mother's Day does not appear in Animal Crossing: New Horizons as a standard event, it appears as a Nook Shopping seasonal event throughout May in which the player can purchase the Thank-You Mom Mug from Nook Shopping for 600 Bells.
Mother's Day is dependent on the region of the game (North American, Japan, European, or Korean). For the European release of New Leaf, it is dependent on the language of the game and not on the country set. For example, if the country set in the 3DS is Germany but the language set is Spanish, Mother's Day will fall on the first Sunday of May.
- North America: Second Sunday of May
- Japan: Second Sunday of May
- Europe (English): Mothering Sunday (Fourth Sunday of Lent)
- Europe (Spanish): First Sunday of May
- Europe (French): Last Sunday of May
- Europe (German/Italian): Second Sunday of May
- Korean: May 8, and the name of the event is Parents' Day
- Appears only in the form of letters sent by her on the day
- In Animal Crossing only