- "Hippity-hoppity wish-wash-whoa!"
- — Zipper T. Bunny, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Zipper T. (ぴょんたろう, Pyontarou) is a character first introduced in Animal Crossing: City Folk. His full name as it appears on the Bulletin Board outside Town Hall is Zipper T. Bunny. Upon talking to him, his name is Zipper. He appears as a rabbit, with yellow coloration, purple eyelids and blue overalls with a white star on the front pocket. He appears as the holiday character for Bunny Day. He was introduced in Animal Crossing: City Folk alongside Pavé and Phineas.
Upon approaching him, Zipper's theme will play and he will begin to dance. The music fades and he stops dancing once players walk away from Town Hall, followed by his sighing. When players talk to him, he will introduce himself and will ask the them to find some bunny Eggs which are buried around town. He will ask the player to open them up to reveal a "surprise," but after the player constantly talks to him without finding one, he will eventually tell the player he is looking for bunny foil, which he also calls prize tickets. He gives players Furniture from the Egg Series each time they find one bunny foil inside an egg and give it to him.
When in town, villagers will usually speak of him in a derogatory manner. Normal villagers appear to be scared of him. It would appear he is unhappy with his choice of uniform and career, by mentioning that he wants a new career under his breath and will occasionally mention how uncomfortable he is under the suit - also, under his breath.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
||#627 Zipper |
Zipper T. Bunny
| NTSC-U: This isn't a costume, really! Everyone asks, and the answer is always the same. Please ignore the zipper on the back—that just spoils the magic. This lucky spring fellow appears on Bunny Day, celebrating by asking you to search for bunny eggs. Open up the eggs you find - maybe a prize is inside!|
PAL: Despite what you may have heard, Zipper is absolutely, 100%, definitely NOT wearing a costume. ...What? There's a zip on his back? Well, that's, er... Moving on! This lucky spring bunny comes to celebrate Bunny Day with you. Find the hidden eggs and open them, and maybe you'll get a winning ticket! Flippity boing! Floppity zibbit!
Name in Italics denote PAL trophy name.
Names in other languages
- There is a zipper in the back of Zipper T. It is visible if the player talks to him from the back, which will make him turn around. He will then comment saying not to look at his Zipper, as it "spoils the magic."
- Despite Zipper being apparently dressed in a Bunny costume, his mouth still moves when he talks, and his eyes blink and react to emotions the same way as all other characters.
- In Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo, when he appears in his RV he freely admits he is wearing a bunny suit and does not object to the zipper being seen. He also does not explain why he is wearing the suit despite it not being Bunny Day.