|← More boar villagers||Villager List||More special villagers →|
- "A rotten turnip is still a turnip."
- — Joan, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo
Artwork of Joan from Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer'
|Service||Selling red and white turnips|
Joan is a special visitor who comes to the player's town each Sunday morning (6 AM to 12 PM) to sell turnips. She is a brown boar with large white tusks carrying a basket on her back with white turnips inside. She wears ragged blue clothes and a small, blue bandana on her head. In Animal Crossing and Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Joan only sells one type of turnip, however, in Animal Crossing: Wild World and Animal Crossing: City Folk, she sells two types of turnips.
- 1 History
- 2 Other Appearances
- 3 Villager Info
- 4 Card Profiles
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Names in other languages
- 7 Trivia
Joan is first featured in Doubutsu no Mori, as well as its updated GameCube version Animal Crossing. In both games, she appears in town every Sunday before noon (12 PM), selling white turnips to the player. Unlimited white turnips can be bought each week from Joan, which can be sold to Tom Nook, which will have different prices depending on the "Stalk Market". These turnips are only profitable between Monday and Saturday.
If the player travels on the Train, Joan can be seen sleeping in the background, occasionally waking up in surprise, before going back to sleep.
In Animal Crossing: Wild World, she continues to sell white turnips, though she now also sells red turnip seeds for 1,000 Bells which will need to be planted like flowers, and be watered each day so they can grow to their full potential and later sold to Tom Nook for profit. Only one red turnip can be sold to player(s) each week.
Joan returns once again in Animal Crossing: City Folk, functionally no different than her appearance in Animal Crossing: Wild World.
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Joan returns to selling white turnips only, not selling red turnips in this game. However, she will let the player buy more than 990 turnips, unlike Wild World and City Folk. Reese now runs the Stalk Market, at Re-Tail.
Joan can be asked to explain her store and turnips, but she wishes not to explain how her store works. However, she does not act gloomy while explaining.
Ability: Stats ↑ after Eating
|* Battle via World of Light (The Light Realm)
In Happy Home Designer
|Happy Home Designer House Info|
When visiting Joan's RV at the campground, the bottom screen will display the following:
- "You can only spend so much time growing and selling turnips (99.9% of your time, it turns out). In her spare 0.1%, Joan loves a good camping trip."
Animal Crossing e-Reader card
|Animal Crossing-e card|
Happy Home Designer amiibo Card
|Animal Crossing amiibo card|
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Sprites & Models
Names in other languages
|From カブ kabu (turnip)|
|French||Porceletta||From Porc (Pork)|
|From 무 팔아 (to sell turnips)|
- Joan is one of the four characters in the series with a voice specific to themselves: Farley (although Smug villagers now have Farley's voice tone), Joan, Luna and Lloid. Joan's voice is much lower and gruffer than that of the rest of the female characters.
- Joan is the second character to appear in Doubutsu no Mori, Doubutsu no Mori+, Animal Crossing, and Doubutsu no Mori e+. She appears in the background of the train sleeping after K.K. Slider introduces the game.
- Joan can be pushed around without getting angry. Additionally, she is immune to pitfall seeds as she does not fall into them when pushed over one.