|← More boar villagers||Villager List||More special villagers →|
- "A rotten turnip is still a turnip."
- — Joan, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
Artwork of Joan from Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer'
|Service||Selling red and white turnips|
|Debut||Doubutsu no Mori|
|Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo|
Joan is a special visitor who comes to the player's town each Sunday morning (6 AM to 12 PM) to sell turnips. She is a brown boar with large white tusks carrying a basket on her back with white turnips inside. She wears ragged blue clothes and a small, blue bandana on her head. In Animal Crossing and Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Joan only sells one type of turnip, however, in Animal Crossing: Wild World and Animal Crossing: City Folk, she sells two types of turnips.
Joan's background is unknown, but she appears in town before noon (12 PM) in every Animal Crossing series game so far. In Animal Crossing, she sells white turnips. White turnips sell for a different price depending on the Stalk Market. The Stalk Market is a play on the existent Stock Market in reality. Unlimited white turnips can be bought each week from Joan. Players can ask Tom Nook what white turnips are currently selling for at two different times of the day, which will have different prices and he will buy white turnips between Monday and Saturday.
In Animal Crossing: Wild World and Animal Crossing: City Folk, she continues to sell white turnips which work the same way as they did in the original games. She now also sells red turnip seeds for 1,000 Bells which will need to be planted like flowers, and be watered each day so they can grow to their full potential and later sold to Tom Nook for profit. Only one red turnip can be sold to player(s) each week.
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, she returns to selling white turnips only, but will let the player buy more than 990 turnips, unlike Animal Crossing: Wild World and Animal Crossing: City Folk. Reese now runs the Stalk Market, at Re-Tail.
Joan can be asked to explain her store and turnips, but she wishes not to explain how her store works. However, she does not act gloomy while explaining.
In Happy Home Designer
|Happy Home Designer House Info|
When visiting Joan's RV at the campground, the bottom screen will display the following:
- "You can only spend so much time growing and selling turnips (99.9% of your time, it turns out). In her spare 0.1%, Joan loves a good camping trip."
Happy Home Designer amiibo Card
|Animal Crossing amiibo card|
Joan in Animal Crossing: City Folk.
Joan in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
Joan, as she appears in Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Names in other languages
|From カブ kabu (turnip)|
|French||Porceletta||From Porc (Pork)|
|From 무 팔아 (to sell turnips)|
- Joan is one of the four characters in the series with a voice specific to themselves: Farley (although Smug villagers now have Farley's voice tone), Joan, Luna and Lloid. Joan's voice is much lower and gruffer than that of the rest of the female characters.
- Joan is the second character to appear in Doubutsu no Mori, Doubutsu no Mori+, Animal Crossing, and Doubutsu no Mori e+. She appears in the background of the train sleeping after K.K. Slider introduces the game.
- Joan can be pushed around without getting angry. Additionally, she is immune to pitfall seeds as she does not fall into them when pushed over one.