- "Bellbottom <music genre> this is stovetop <object>, do you require assistance? Over."
- — Wilbur, Animal Crossing: New Horizons
|Favorite saying||"Do an Immelmann move!"|
Name in other languages
Wilbur is a dodo in Animal Crossing: New Horizons who works at the Airport. He flies the plane to other people's islands, as well as to the mystery tours (which require Nook Miles Tickets), Harv's Island, and Paradise Planning. Notably, he uses the phonetic alphabet when speaking—with the exception of "whiskey" for "W," replaced with "whisker." His name, along with Orville's, is likely a reference to the Wright brothers, the inventors of the airplane.
Like Orville, Wilbur is a dodo with blue feathers, a yellow face, slightly oval-shaped white eyes with black irises, a large beak with a large brown upper tip and a brown lower lip, a nose being a part of his beak's upper part, a brown inner-mouth with a light-brown tongue, white fingers, a tail with three white and bluish-cyan feathers, and yellow feet with stripes (colors being orange and brownish-orange) and dark-brown nails.
Like Orville, Wilbur wears a pilot's uniform, which consists of a white shirt, a red tie, and a black belt with a small pouch. Unlike Orville, he also wears a headset with a pair of light-green earmuffs, and a pair of sunglasses.
Like Orville, Wilbur is a hard-working flight worker.
In New Horizons
After the player lands on a random Mystery Island upon using a Nook Miles Ticket, Wilbur waits at the dock until the player is ready to head home or needs tools. The following tools he can give are: Flimsy Axe, Flimsy Shovel, Flimsy Fishing Rod, and Flimsy Net for 100 Nook Miles each. If the player gets knocked out after being attacked by a Tarantula or a Scorpion, or stung twice by Wasps, he will take the player back to the dock; as soon as they recover, he will cancel the red alert that he sends a word to Orville and then allow the player to continue exploring afterwards.
Since the 1.2.0 April Free Update, Wilbur will allow the player to mail to their own house or sell items when on Harv's Island on or after June 1, 2020. The items that are delivered arrive the next day.
When the player wants to return to their island, Wilbur will refer to it by saying the players native fruit alongside the word 'town'. For example, if the players native fruit are pears, he will say 'Peartown' and so on.
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
In New Horizons
In Happy Home Paradise
- Wilbur's birthday was said to be December 17th in the companion guide, and this was also included in the game's internal parameters. Since Version 1.1.0, this was changed to July 4th, which is the date on his amiibo card. Daisy Mae's birthday was also changed.
- Wilbur's "old" birthday was also the date of the Wright Brothers' first flight in 1903, whom he and Orville are named after.
- Likewise, he currently shares his birthday with Apollo.
- If the player hacks the game, goes out of bounds at the Airport and talks to Wilbur, he will state dialogue identical to cranky villagers' dialogue.
- Wilbur has the voice of a cranky villager.
Names in other languages