- "Do an Immelmann move!"
- — Wilbur, Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Name in other languages
Wilbur is a dodo in Animal Crossing: New Horizons who works at the Airport. He flies the plane to other people's islands, as well as to the mystery tours (which require Nook Miles Tickets), Harv's Island, and Paradise Planning. Notably, he uses the phonetic alphabet when speaking—with the exception of "whiskey" for "W," replaced with "whisker." His name, along with Orville's, is likely a reference to the Wright brothers, the inventors of the airplane.
In New Horizons
After the player lands on a random Mystery Island upon using a Nook Miles Ticket, Wilbur waits at the dock until the player is ready to head home or needs tools. The following tools he can give are: Flimsy Axe, Flimsy Shovel, Flimsy Fishing Rod, and Flimsy Net for 100 Nook Miles each. If the player gets knocked out after being attacked by a Tarantula or Scorpion, or stung twice by Wasps, Wilbur will take the player back to the dock; as soon they recover, he will cancel the red alert that he sends a word to Orville and then allow the player continue exploring afterwards.
Since the 1.2.0 April Free Update, Wilbur will allow the player to mail to their own house or sell items when on Harv's Island on or after June 1, 2020. The items that are delivered arrive the next day.
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
In Happy Home Paradise
- Wilbur's birthday was said to be December 17th in the companion guide, and this was also included in the game's internal parameters. Since Version 1.1.0, this was changed to July 4th, which is the date on his amiibo card. Daisy Mae's birthday was also changed.
- Wilbur's "old" birthday was also the date of the Wright Brothers' first flight in 1903, whom he and Orville are named after.
- If the player hacks the game, goes out of bounds at the Airport and talks to Wilbur, he will state dialogue identical to cranky villagers' dialogue.
- Wilbur has the voice of a cranky villager.
Names in other languages