|← More hedgehog villagers||Villager List||More special villagers →|
- "You come back now, OK?"
- — Mabel, Animal Crossing: City Folk
Artwork of Mabel from Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival.
|Service||Able Sisters clerk|
Mabel is a character in the Animal Crossing series, co-owning the Able Sisters tailor shop, one of the two stores that can be found in the player's town, with her older sister, Sable. She is the charismatic one out of the sisters, who assists customers with their purchases. Her Japanese name is derived from kinu, meaning silk.
- 1 Background
- 2 Appearances
- 3 Other Appearances
- 4 Characteristics
- 5 Card Profiles
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Names in other languages
- 8 Trivia
She does not directly speak about her past - which is given away by Sable once talking to her. She may bicker from time to time with Sable, about who does most of the work within the business. She rarely mentions her parents, but from what is learned through Sable, she was too young to know who they were at the time of the crash. She was raised by her sister, as at the time she was an infant.
Although absent in the original Doubutsu no Mori, Mabel makes an appearance in its enhanced GameCube port, Animal Crossing, as the owner of The Able Sisters along with her older sister Sable. Within the shop, Mabel helps the player design clothing patterns that can be put on clothes and umbrellas, as well as store designs for the player.
Mabel returns in Animal Crossing: Wild World, where her role is the same as it was in Animal Crossing, except now she also sells hats and accessories. Additionally, the player is also able to sell clothing items to her, for a much higher price than if the player simply sells them to Tom Nook. During January, however, Sable will get depressed, much to Mabel's bewilderment. Due to Mabel's age, she knows little of the subject, but does have experiences related to these subjects. The following can be matched with Sable's statement to get an accurate picture:
- "Well, so there's this cedar box that my sis keeps all her treasures in, right? And she's never showed me what was inside that thing. Not even once! But then, this one time, long ago, I saw the front of what looked like... an important letter. At least, that's what I THOUGHT it was..."
- — Mabel on the cedar box Sable was sent, Animal Crossing: Wild World
- "Yeah, so there's this pair of scissors that my Sis has been using forever, right? When they got too dull to use, I said she should buy a new pair, but... It was the weirdest thing! When I did, she completely flipped out on me! I know it's important to take care of your things, but... That's ridiculous!"
- — Mabel on Sable's old scissors, Animal Crossing: Wild World
- "Well, lately, at night, my sis has been sitting at the window, staring at the night sky. She says that in the winter, a certain constellation becomes visible... It's kinda weird.. the stuff my sis knows about... You know, constellations and meanings of flowers, that kinda stuff... "
- — Mabel on Sable's knowledge of her constellation, Animal Crossing: Wild World
In Animal Crossing: City Folk, Mabel's role is virtually unchanged from Wild World, although she now assists the player with making PRO designs, as the player themselves now has the ability to self-edit designs. When talking to her, she soon learns that she may in fact have an older sister called Labelle, a worker in GracieGrace - a store in the city. Mabel has no contact with Labelle, due to her having an argument with Sable, who felt she abandoned the family when their parents died. Mabel wishes to get them talking again.
Mabel's role remains unchanged in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, as she works in the Able Sisters along with her sisters Sable and Labelle. However, if the player purchases 51 articles of clothing, they can obtain a Mannequin from her.
Like many other special visitors and characters, Mabel appears in Doubutsu no Mori (film) alongside Sable in the Able Sisters store. She has a minor role in the film, only appearing when Ai, the main character, enters the store to deliver a few boxes from Tom Nook.
Mabel appears as a trophy and will occasionally appear in the background of the Smashville stage.
In Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival, Mabel appears as a playable character when her amiibo is scanned into the game. She behaves the same way as all other playable characters.
Mabel is a blue hedgehog with brown-orange cheeks and black eyes, eyebrows, and snout. Like her sister, she has no visible mouth, so instead visibly talks by moving her nose. She wears a green and white gingham apron and has a head full of large, spiky bristles.
Mabel, in contrast to her quiet sister, is an energetic, talkative person, who takes over the spotlight of the Able Sisters store while her sister remains in the background. She actively speaks with the player in a fast, pleasant mood, similar to a peppy villager, and always appears eager to help. Despite this, she prefers to keep certain subjects to a minimum, such as her parents as well as Sable raising her, which she does not remember due to her age at the time.
Though Mabel and Sable are sisters, the two are very different from one another, sometimes resulting in conflict such as Mabel scolding Sable for her behavior. However, she does allow Sable to keep to herself from time to time, even though they both collectively own the shop and thus deserve to work together.
Animal Crossing e-Reader Card
|Animal Crossing-e card|
Happy Home Designer amiibo Card
|Animal Crossing amiibo card|
When visiting Mabel's RV at the campground, the bottom screen will display the following:
- "The public face of the Able Sisters, she dearly loves Sable and Labelle, but she needs her own space too. Solo car camping is just the thing!"
- For this subject's image gallery, see Mabel/Gallery.
amiibo card artwork
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Pili||Likely derived from the Spanish comic acting duo comprised of twin sisters Pili and Mili and/or Pili & Mili, a women's clothing store located in London|
|French||Layette||A clothing set for a newborn child|
|Italian||Agostina||Her shortened name, "Ago", means "needle"; it's also used in the shop's Italian name, Ago & Filo|
|Transcription of English name|
- Mabel somewhat resembles Sonic the Hedgehog from the franchise of the same name.
- Mabel's birthday is the same day as Colton's birthday.
- Mabel's name is misspelled as Mable in Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival.
- In Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, if the player designs a house for Mabel, Sable, or Labelle, all of the Able Sisters will end up living there.
| Special Characters|