|Born||August 23, 1967|
|Occupation||Composer, sound director, voice actor|
|Notable work||Mario Paint|
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Animal Crossing series
Luigi's Mansion series
Wii system and Wii series
Kazumi Totaka (戸高 一生, Totaka Kazumi, born August 23, 1967) is a video game composer. Totaka has been the sound director for all mainline games in the Animal Crossing series, as well as the composer for many of the tracks. He has composed various songs from other Nintendo games, and is known to hide a short melody known as "Totaka's Song" in games he has worked on. This is present in all Animal Crossing games as "K.K. Song".
The character K.K. Slider is a caricature of Totaka, and his full name Totakeke is derived from "Totaka K.", since family names are written first in Japan. While most of K.K.'s songs in the original games were composed by Toru Minegishi, Totaka rearranged them for the live performances.
- Animal Crossing – Sound Director
- Animal Crossing: Wild World – Sound Director
- Animal Crossing: City Folk – Sound Director
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Sound Director
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer – Sound Director
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Sound Director
Songs are listed by the first game they appeared in, though they may have reappeared in future games. Credits are not necessarily exhaustive and reflect only what can be sourced.
In Doubutsu no Mori
In Animal Crossing
- "New Year's Wish" (Animal Crossing and Doubutsu no Mori e+ version)
- "Meteor Shower"
- "Kapp'n's Song"[nb 1]
In Doubutsu no Mori e+
- "Marine Song 2001"[nb 1]
- "Stale Cupcakes"
- "Spring Blossoms" (arrangement)
- "Wandering" 
- "K.K. Birthday"
In Wild World
- "Heavy Rotation" (Kapp'n's taxi theme)
- All hourly music
- "The Roost"
- Most other music with the assistance of Asuka Hayazaki
In City Folk
In New Leaf
Totaka was also credited for the arrangement of the live versions of other K.K. songs that debuted in New Leaf on Atsumare Dōbutsu no Mori: Original Soundtrack 2, though it is unknown if he or the other composers, Manaka Kataoka and Atsuko Asahi, actually composed them. The exception is "Bubblegum K.K.", which was composed by Asahi.
In Happy Home Designer
- Entire soundtrack
In New Horizons
- "2 AM"
- "5 AM"
- "7 AM"
- "8 AM"
- "9 AM"
- "12 PM"
- "2 PM"
- "5 PM"
- "7 PM"
- Rain and snow versions of above hourly themes
- "Island Life Orientation 4 (Campfire Evening)"
- "amiibo Invitation"
- Kapp'n's Song (Outbound 1-5)
- Kapp'n's Song (Returning 1-5)
- "Harv's Island (Day)"
- "Harv's Island (Night)"
In the Super Smash Bros. series
This arrangement debuted in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:
- "Title Theme - Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer"
- Totaka is seen playing "K.K. Bossa" alongside (someone dressed as) K.K. in the Animal Crossing Direct for Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo.
- Aside from their name, Totaka and K.K. also share their birthday, August 23.
- "Animal Crossing – Developer Interviews". shmuplations.com.
- Interview in Nintendo DREAM Vol. 182; see https://dic.nicovideo.jp/t/a/ブルーおにぎり
- Atsumare Dōbutsu no Mori: Original Soundtrack 2 credits
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl website and sound test
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sound test
|Companies and personnel|