- "You should visit my island! Just hit the airport and tell 'em you want to go to Harv's Island. That's the name of my pad. Groovy, right?"
- — Harvey, Animal Crossing: New Horizons
|Favorite saying||"Those who never question don't know a thing."|
Harv's Island[nb 2]
Name in other languages
Harvey, also shortened to Harv, is a dog in the Animal Crossing series. He first appears in the Welcome amiibo update to Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and he also appears in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. In the former, he appears in the campground, and in the latter, he resides on Harv's Island, where Photopia is located. His name is a pun on "RV" (short for "recreational vehicle"), which is the type of vehicle that shows up in his campground.
Harvey is a brownish-beige spaniel, with his appearance resembling a hippie. He has brown hair, a black nose, a dark-brown tail, a brown crescent-shaped moustache, a red inner-mouth, half-closed eyes with brown eyelids, white scleras and large, round, black irises, and long and large brown wiggly ears with stripes (colors being yellowish-brown and brownish-yellow) and big yellow tips.
In Welcome amiibo
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo, Harvey is found in the campground, sitting on a tree trunk and holding a cup of coffee. He stays outside all day, and all night. When the player talks to him, the player has the following options:
- What is this place?- Harvey explains what the campground is.
- What can I do here?- Harvey explains what the player can do.
- Do you have Wi-Fi?- Harvey will scold about people being on their phones, but then will ask the player if they wish to invite characters from other locations to camp in the campgrounds.
- Heya, Harv!- Harvey talks about pretty things that he has seen in the day. Talking to him a number of times while feeding birds will make him give the player Beans, which the player can throw if equipped.
In New Horizons
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Harvey shows up on the player's island after the third villager moves in. He tells the player that he lives on his own island, Harv's Island, and invites them to visit anytime. Harv's Island has a free photography studio for the player to use anytime where they can decorate the rooms with their catalog furniture, invite villagers to also be in the pictures, and give them costumes. When the player invites villagers for the first time and heads back to their own island, he calls up the player to tell them that via the Nook Shopping catalog, they can order posters of any villagers they have invited to Photopia, whether the player used an amiibo card to invite the villager to the studio, or the villager lives on their island.
In Pocket Camp
In Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Harvey's Wood Cabin, a re-creation of his Harv's Island studio in New Horizons, was available to craft from July 14 - September 12, 2021. If the player crafts this and puts it in their campsite, Harvey will come visit.
In New Horizons
In Happy Home Paradise
- In the Welcome amiibo update Nintendo Direct, Harvey is played by series director Hisashi Nogami.
- According to the Welcome amiibo update Nintendo Direct, Harvey owns 30 headbands and wears a different one every day.
- Harvey is established to have a crush on Harriet.
- In Welcome amiibo, once the player has had Shampoodle built in their town, Harvey may mention that he has a crush on Harriet.
- In the Welcome amiibo update Nintendo Direct, Harvey uses the newly-introduced amiibo Camera to create photos of Harriet.
- In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, the two are shown to be close in the 2.0 update, where Harriet has a nickname she only allows Harvey to use.
Names in other languages
- In Welcome amiibo only
- In New Horizons only