- "...Harv? Oh! You mean me!"
- — Harvey, Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo
Harv's Island[nb 2]
|Name in other languages|
Harvey, also shortened to Harv, is a dog in the Animal Crossing series. He first appears in the Welcome amiibo update to Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and he also appears in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. In the former, he appears in the Campground, and in the latter, he resides on Harv's Island, where Photopia is located.
In Welcome amiibo
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo, Harvey is found in the Campground, sitting on a tree trunk and holding a cup of coffee. He stays outside all day, and all night. When the player talks to him, the player has the following options:
- What is this place?- Harvey explains what the campground is.
- What can I do here- Harvey explains what the player can do.
- Do you have Wi-Fi?- Harvey will scold about people being on their phones, but then will ask the player if they wish to invite characters from other locations to camp in the campgrounds.
- Heya, Harv!- Harvey talks about pretty things that he has seen in the day. Talking to him a number of times while feeding birds will make him give the player Beans, which the player can throw if equipped.
In New Horizons
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Harvey shows up on the player's island after the third villager moves in. He tells the player that he lives on his own island, Harv's Island, and invites them to visit anytime. Harv's Island has a free photography studio for the player to use anytime where they can decorate the rooms with their Catalog furniture, invite villagers to also be in the pictures, and give them costumes. When the player invites villagers for the first time and heads back to their own island, he calls up the player to tell them that via the Nook Shopping Catalog, they can order posters of any villagers they have invited to Photopia, whether the player used an amiibo card to invite the villager to the studio, or the villager lives on their island.
- Harvey wears a different headband every day.
- His English name, Harvey, is a pun on "RV" (short for "recreational vehicle"), which is the type of vehicle that shows up in his Campground.
- Once the player has had Shampoodle built in their town in New Leaf, Harvey may mention that he has a crush on Harriet. This was also alluded to in the Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo update Nintendo Direct, where he uses the new photo feature to create photos of Harriet.
- Harvey was played by series director Hisashi Nogami in the Nintendo Direct.
Names in other languages
- In Welcome amiibo only
- In New Horizons only