- "Oh, good! K... Here you go! Silver axes are pretty nice, too. Definitely up there in the whole precious-metal-axe scene. See how it cuts for yourself! B'bye, now!"
- — Serena, Animal Crossing: City Folk
|Name in other languages|
Serena is a white Chihuahua with a white dress. She has large beady eyes and wears golden jewelry. On her head, she wears a veil, and also has large pointed ears in front.
In City Folk
In Animal Crossing: City Folk, Serena appears in the town fountain if the player throws an Axe into it; this is done by swinging the Wii Remote while holding an Axe. Serena will ask the player a series of questions, including, but not limited to, "Which Axe did you throw?", "How do I look today?", "Did I seem goddessy?", and "Do you really not like me?", before asking them to choose her left or right hand. After the player answers the questions, Serena will either give them a Silver Axe, give a Golden Axe, return the standard Axe, or give nothing, keeping the standard Axe. The answers the player gives to her questions have no effect on the outcome.
This interaction is a reference to the fable The Honest Woodcutter, where a man drops his axe into a river and a god appears, asking him if he dropped a golden or silver axe. The man answers neither, and impressed by his honesty, the god gives him all three axes.
Serena also appears as a statue on the fountain in the city.
In New Leaf
Although Serena does not appear in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, peppy villagers may reference her and City Folk's method of obtaining the Silver Axe and Golden Axe in conversation. They will ask, "if you dropped an axe in a magic pool, <Player>...and a goddess appeared and she said she'd transform it for you, which one would you choose?"
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Serena appears as a spectator in the Town and City stage and as a collectible trophy. Her appearance in this game omits the earrings she wears in City Folk.
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Serena appears as a spirit in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Serena and Frillard are the only two characters in the Animal Crossing series who only appear in Animal Crossing: City Folk.
- Serena appears on the album cover of "Animal City" as a statue.
- Serena and Farley have a few things in common.
- They both reward a Golden Axe.
- They both only appear in one game.
- They both appear in fountains under certain circumstances.
Names in other languages