- "Time to SHINE!"
- — Pavé, Animal Crossing: City Folk
|Name in other languages|
Pavé is a peacock in the Animal Crossing series who first appeared in Animal Crossing: City Folk. He appears as the holiday character corresponding with Festivale. He speaks in third person and he occasionally makes comments about the town environment as part of the citizen satisfaction committee.
- 1 Appearances
- 2 Other appearances
- 3 Villager information
- 4 Card profiles
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Names in other languages
- 8 References
In City Folk
Pavé first appears in Animal Crossing: City Folk as the host of Festivale, demanding a specific type of Candy from the player. Candy is won during the events of Festivale and can be supplied to Pavé, which results in Pavé giving the player furniture from the Pavé Series.
Each color of candy represents a type of feeling/mentality. These are described below:
- Green Candy - Calm/relax. Pavé announces he is hyper (possibly after eating Blue Candy) and asks for Green Candy to calm down. "Relaxing, like a stroll in park! The green kind!"
- Blue Candy - Refreshing. Pavé says he is getting tired. "Refreshing, like cold wind! The blue kind!"
- Red Candy - Explosive. Pavé demands something juicy. "The red kind, like a strawberry explosion!"
- Yellow Candy - Zesty. Pavé announces that he has run out of "zest" in his dance, "Puckery, like lemonade! The yellow kind!"
In New Leaf
Pavé returns in Animal Crossing: New Leaf once again during Festivale. In this game, Pavé requests feathers rather than candy from the player. These feathers come in different colors; white, pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and rainbow. He will only take the feathers if the player gives him three of the same color; however, a single rainbow feather, despite not being very rare, will work instead of three of the requested color. The feathers are found floating around the player's town, and are caught with a net. Like previous games, he will dance and reward the player with furniture if given feathers, and will dance more vigorously if given a rainbow one.
In New Horizons
In Pocket Camp
Pavé makes a minor appearance in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp as part of the Pavé's Dance Stage item. If this item is crafted, Pavé may appear at the player's campsite. Pavé also appears as the host of the Viva Festivale with Pavé gardening event.
In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Pavé appears as a trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
RV in Welcome amiibo
- "When he's camping, Pavé can finally drop the act and relax completely. Just kidding—he's even more Pavé than ever. Viva Festivale!"
- All of the colors of feather in New Leaf that appear are present on Pavé's feathers.
- Pavé's name may originate from the word "paw" (pronounced "pav"), which is Polish for "peacock" and another Polish word "pavané", which is a traditional dance. It may also originate from Pavo, the bird genus which contains the Indian peafowl and green peafowl.
Names in other languages
- YouTube (November 17, 2020). "Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Free Winter Update – Nintendo Switch". YouTube. Retrieved November 17, 2020.