The Roost in Animal Crossing: City Folk.
|Music (Wild World)|
Gyroid storage[nb 1]
|Opening Hours||All day|
The Roost is a café in Animal Crossing: Wild World and Animal Crossing: City Folk located in the basement of the museum. Operated by Brewster, it serves coffee that the player can purchase and drink twice per day for 200 Bells. It is also the venue where K.K. Slider performs every Saturday night. Additionally, various characters can be seen at the bar in the café each day.
In Wild World
In Animal Crossing: Wild World, The Roost appears in the basement of the museum. The player can purchase a cup of coffee from Brewster twice per day: once in the morning and once in the evening. While initially reserved, Brewster will open up to the player more if they purchase coffee over a consecutive period of days.
K.K. Slider appears on stage at The Roost on Saturday nights from 7:30 PM to 12:00 AM. Beginning at 8 PM, the player can watch him perform, either by requesting a song or letting him choose a song. After the performance, K.K. will give the player an aircheck of the song.
Various characters can be seen at the bar in The Roost at certain times on certain days. The following characters may appear:
- Harriet — Monday through Friday, 11 PM to 12 AM. She only appears if Tom Nook's store is upgraded to Nookington's.
- Kapp'n — All week, 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM. This is the only time Kapp'n can be seen outside of the game's introduction.
- Lyle — Sundays, 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM.
- Mr. Resetti — Sundays, 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Pelly — All week, 6:00 AM to 6:55 AM.
- Phyllis — Sunday through Friday and 9:00 PM to 9:55 PM.
- Rover — All week, 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
In City Folk
In Animal Crossing: City Folk, like in Wild World, The Roost appears in the basement of the museum, and purchasing coffee is identical to the previous game. New to City Folk is the option to have Brewster store the player's Gyroids, which is unlocked the day after the player drinks their seventh cup of hot coffee; coffee left to cool does not count toward this. Additionally, on Valentine's Day Brewster serves hot chocolate instead of coffee. The Roost's layout is also slightly different; it is slightly deeper, a plant is added at the bottom-right, and another table and two chairs are added at the bottom-left.
Like in Wild World, K.K. Slider appears on stage at The Roost on Saturday nights, and the player can watch him perform by either by requesting a song or letting him choose a song. New options include the ability for the player to tell K.K. their mood ("Good!", "Grumpy...", "Lazy", "A little sad", or "Hard to say"), after which he will play a song based on the selection. Additionally, the player can request encores after the initial performance, though only one aircheck can be obtained each week.
Like in Wild World, special characters can appear at The Roost, though now villagers from the player's town can as well. The following characters may appear at the bar in The Roost:
- Don Resetti — Saturdays, 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 4 PM.
- Kapp'n — All week, 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 4 PM.
- Mr. Resetti — Sundays, 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 4 PM.
- Pelly — All week, 6:00 AM to 6:55 AM.
- Phyllis — Sunday through Friday, 9:00 PM to 9:55 PM.
- Cranky villagers — All week, 5 PM to 10 PM or 10 PM to 6 AM
- Jock villagers — All week, 6 AM to 12 PM or 5 PM to 10 PM
- Lazy villagers — All week, 6 AM to 12 PM or 12 PM to 5 PM
- Normal villagers — All week, 6 AM to 12 PM or 12 PM to 5 PM
- Peppy villagers — All week, 12 PM to 5 PM or 5 PM to 10 PM
- Snooty villagers — All week, 12 PM to 5 PM or 10 PM to 6 AM
In New Leaf
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, a café very similar to The Roost, known as The Roost Café, appears as a public works project that is unlocked seven days after the Museum Shop is constructed. Like in previous games, Brewster operates the café and will serve the player coffee, which can now also be purchased in a to-go cup. After the player purchases a total of seven cups of coffee, Brewster will allow them to select which ingredients (milk, sugar, and beans) he puts in their coffee, and he will offer them a part-time job.
During the part-time job, the player takes orders from characters who walk in and must choose the correct amount of milk and sugar and the type of beans. If done correctly, Brewster will reward the player with Coffee Beans and a unique furniture item.
In Gekijōban Doubutsu no Mori
The Roost makes a minor appearance in 🎬 Gekijōban Doubutsu no Mori and is based on its appearance in Animal Crossing: Wild World. The café is first seen when Ai visits The Roost to look for Apollo. While she is there, she meets Cesar and Cyrano, who are drinking coffee at the table. Later, after Margie moves away from Animal Village, Ai, who is grieving Margie's moving, returns to The Roost and orders a coffee; she is consoled by Whitney.
The player after drinking coffee in Wild World
K.K. Slider performing in The Roost in Wild World
Brewster offering the player coffee in City Folk
The player after drinking hot chocolate on Valentine's Day in City Folk
- In City Folk only