- "I've got a long way to go before I hit my peak!"
- — Wisp imitating Étoile, Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo
|Favorite saying||"Who knows what the stars have in store for us?"|
|Clothing||Kiki & Lala Tee[nb 1]|
Name in other languages
Phrase in other languages
Étoile is a normal sheep villager in the Animal Crossing series. She first appeared in Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo. She is one of the Sanrio crossover villagers and is based on the characters Kiki and Lala from the Little Twin Stars franchise. Her name also refers to this, as étoile is the French word for star. Étoile was born on Christmas (December 25), while Kiki and Lala are twins born on Christmas Eve (December 24). Her birthday was likely delayed by a day so that it would not conflict with the mechanics of Toy Day in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which occurs on December 24. Étoile's catchphrase, "fuzzy," may refer to the fuzziness of a sheep's wool.
Étoile is a sheep with yellow horns, lavender colored fur with pink, yellow and turquoise colored dots, spread out all over her fur. Her face, arms, and legs are a light pink. She wears a yellow headband with two large blue and pink stars on it, representing the Sanrio characters Kiki and Lala, who are often depicted with blue and pink hair respectively.
Below is a brief description of the normal personality. For more information, click here.
As a normal villager, Étoile will appear friendly and hospitable towards the player and other villagers. Like other normal villagers, she will have an unseen obsession with hygiene and cleanliness, which she mentions when the player visits her in her home. Other than her hygiene interests, she will appear neutral and open-minded when discussing hobbies. She will get along easily with other villagers, but may conflict with lazy villagers when they talk about food and leading her on to suggesting making them dinner or lunch. She may have trouble getting along with cranky, big sister and snooty villagers in general due to their mean-spirited nature.
In Welcome amiibo
Étoile is the older twin sister, which is a reference to Lala, the elder female twin of the Little Twin Stars. Étoile's skill of "handiwork" may be a reference to Kiki's talent for star-fishing and inventing things, and Lala's talent for drawing, writing poems, and cooking.
In New Horizons
While initially absent from Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Étoile was added in an update on March 18, 2021, and she can only move to the player's island if her amiibo card is scanned. Additionally, in all versions of the game, the Kiki & Lala Poster can be obtained from Nook Shopping after inviting Étoile to Photopia via her amiibo card.
In Happy Home Paradise
In Welcome amiibo
In New Horizons
In Pocket Camp
Étoile was added to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp on August 9, 2019 as part of Sanrio Characters Collection #3 and was available until September 2, 2019. She became available again in the Sanrio Characters Collection 2021 beginning March 26, 2021 and lasting until May 10, 2021.
Welcome amiibo card
Names in other languages
- Called Kiki and Lala Outfit prior to New Horizons
- Does not contain a stereo initially
- Sanrio. "Little Twin Stars | Sanrio Timeline". sanrio.com. Archived from the original on September 16, 2019. Retrieved January 19, 2022.
- Nintendo (February 25, 2021). "Get Ready for a Sanrio Crossover! – Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Nintendo Switch". YouTube. Retrieved February 25, 2021.
- Nintendo (August 9, 2019). "（2019.8.9更新）『どうぶつの森 ポケットキャンプ』で、サンリオキャラクターズコレクション 第3弾を実施中！". topics.nintendo.co.jp. Retrieved December 28, 2021.
- Nintendo (March 23, 2021). "『どうぶつの森 ポケットキャンプ』で、「サンリオキャラクターズコレクション2021」を3月26日より開催します。". topics.nintendo.co.jp. Retrieved March 23, 2021.
Pocket Camp cute-themed villagers