- "Hey! Got any <food>? I'm in the mood for a snack!"
- — Wisp imitating Marty, Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo
|Favorite saying||"Just wait until I get started!"|
|Clothing||Pompompurin tee[nb 1]|
|Umbrella||Lemon umbrella[nb 2]|
Mint umbrella[nb 3]
Phrase in other languages
Marty is a lazy bear cub villager in the Animal Crossing series. He first appeared in Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo and has appeared in all subsequent games. He is one of the Sanrio crossover villagers and is based on the Golden Retriever dog character Pompompurin, sharing the same birthday as him. His catchphrase, "pompom," is a reference to Pompompurin's namesake. It is also the name of a peppy duck villager.
In New Horizons, Marty has the play hobby and can run around with his arms extended at any time, rather than only outside Resident Services during a scripted activity with a group of villagers.
Marty is a goldenrod yellow bear cub with a white muzzle, white paws, small pink nose, and pink cheeks. The insides of his ears are cream-colored, his ears are tipped with a darker brownish-yellow, and there is a light brown marking on top of his head. He wears a maroon acorn hat, identical to Pompompurin's trademark brown beret. His initial shirt is the Pompompurin tee, which is a yellow shirt bearing the head of Pompompurin.
Below is a brief description of the lazy personality. For more information, click here.
As a lazy villager, Marty will be easy to get along with due to his laid back lifestyle. Like all lazy villagers, he shares an interest in food and relaxing. He will get along well with other villager types such as the normal villagers who act as a mother or elder sister figure and peppy villagers who appear to be around the same age. He also gets along easily with smug and big sister villagers, and sometimes cranky villagers as well. He may offend or confuse jock villagers, who have a conflicting lifestyle of exercise and fitness, who do not understand the reason behind the lazy lifestyle choice. Snooty villagers do not get along with him because of him constantly bringing up food in his conversations with them.
In Welcome amiibo
Marty is the eldest of two kids, unlike Pompompurin, who is an only child. Marty's skill of "hiding shoes" is a reference to Pompompurin's hobby of collecting shoes, which includes the shoes of his owners. Marty's goal of being a "baker" is related to Pompompurin's mama, who is a baker at their master's big sister's cake shop.
In New Horizons
While initially absent from Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Marty was added in an update on March 18, 2021, and he can only move to the player's island if his amiibo card is scanned. Additionally, in all versions of the game, the Pompompurin poster can be obtained from Nook Shopping after inviting Marty to Photopia via his amiibo card.
In Happy Home Paradise
In Welcome amiibo
In New Horizons
In Pocket Camp
Marty was added to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp on July 22, 2019 as part of Sanrio Characters Collection #2 and was available until September 2, 2019. He became available again in the Sanrio Characters Collection 2021 beginning March 26, 2021 and lasting until May 10, 2021.
Welcome amiibo card
Names in other languages
- Called "Pompompurin outfit" prior to New Horizons
- Welcome amiibo
- New Horizons
- Mǎ dīng
- Mǎ dīng
- Marty's headwear during the Countdown can either be the New Year's silk hat or the New Year's hat, each rotating every year. The hat's variation will vary depending on what variations Tom Nook is selling at his stand.
- If it is Marty's birthday, his headwear will be replaced with the birthday hat (Blue variation).
- Does not contain a stereo initially
- Repeats for levels 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, and 65
- Sanrio. "Pompompurin | Sanrio Timeline". sanrio.com. Archived from the original on October 27, 2020. Retrieved January 19, 2022.
- Nintendo (February 25, 2021). "Get Ready for a Sanrio Crossover! – Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Nintendo Switch". YouTube. Retrieved February 25, 2021.
- Nintendo (August 9, 2019). "（2019.8.9更新）『どうぶつの森 ポケットキャンプ』で、サンリオキャラクターズコレクション 第3弾を実施中！". topics.nintendo.co.jp. Retrieved December 28, 2021.
- Nintendo (March 23, 2021). "『どうぶつの森 ポケットキャンプ』で、「サンリオキャラクターズコレクション2021」を3月26日より開催します。". topics.nintendo.co.jp. Retrieved March 23, 2021.
Pocket Camp natural-themed villagers