|| This article needs to be updated as its content has expired or there is new info available. You can help Nookipedia by updating it.
The Happy Room Academy (HRA), or Happy Home Academy (HHA) in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, is a type of housing association that inspects the player's house each day, and scores it according to the types of items that have been placed in the main room, as well as the location of the items with regards to Feng Shui. The HRA score can generally be increased by placing rare or expensive items in the house, particularly furniture series which award point bonuses.
- Wallpaper and floor match - 1,000 points
- Completed furniture series - 48,000 points
- Wallpaper or floor of the same series - 4,800
- Wallpaper and floor of the same series - 10,000
- All the necessities of life of different series - 4,400
- All the necessities of life in the same series - 16,000
- Complete Theme - (# of pieces x 7,000) + 15,000
- Wallpaper and floor of the same theme - 10,000
- Completed Set - (# of pieces x 3,000)
- Clothes, Insects, Fish - 3
- Clothes designed - 3
- Item bought from Tom Nook - 51
- Fossils after appraisal - 300
- Item bought from Crazy Redd - 412
- Item from Saharah - 412
- Item from Wendell - 412
- Item from Gulliver - 412
- Item from the Igloo - 412
- Item from Tortimer (Can be bought) - 412
- Limited Items (Harvest Series, ect.) - 700
- Lucky Items - 777
- Gyroid - 821
- Item from Snowman - 888
- Birthday cake - 1,000
- Complete fossils after appraisal - 1,000
- Furniture from e-Reader card - 1,000
- NES Games - 1,000
- Lottery prize - 1,029
- Item from Jack - 1,031
- Item from Tortimer (Can't be bought) - 1,111
- Reward for completing the Museum - 1,111
- Prize for maxing out the HRA score - 1,111
- Prize for winning the Fishing Tourney - 1,111
- Reward for starting Post Office savings - 1,111
- Item from Jingle - 1,224
- Items from Island - 1,300
- NES game from Island or e-Reader card - 1,983
In Animal Crossing Wild World, the player must join the HRA. Tom Nook first asks the player the second day he or she goes to his store. He will describe what they do and then ask the player if they want to join. If the player says yes, he will be delighted, but if he or she says no, he will seem sad but says that it is required. At the end of both he says Good luck!, signing up the player.
Spotlight items are worth +151 points. Those which are also lucky are worth +7,777 points.
- Accessories (Hats, Wigs, Glasses, etc): 3
- Acorn Festival Prizes (Mush Furniture): 412
- Available at Nook's (Furniture): 51
- Available at Nook's (Wallpaper/Carpet): 0
- Available from Saharah (Wallpaper/Carpet): 3
- Clothing: 3
- Creatures caught with a fishing rod: 3
- Creatures caught with a net: 3
- Festive Items (Available at Nook's for limited time): 151
- Flowers: 5
- Fossils (Excluding Skeletons): 300
- Fossils (Skeletons): 1,000
- Gifts from Nintendo (over WFC, Mario Theme): 210
- Gifts from neighbors (Birthday Cake): 1,111
- Gulliver Items: 412
- Gyroid: 828
- House Models (HRA Rewards): 1,111
- Lost Kitten Items: 1,280
- Museum Model (From Completing the Museum): 1,111
- Pascal Items: 1,543
- Red Turnip Trade Items: 325
- Crazy Redd's Items (Excluding Paintings): 412
- Redd Items (Non-forged Paintings): 151
- Savings Account Prize: 912
- Shells: 3
- Store Models (From Nook Membership): 1,111
- Texture/Pattern (as umbrella, clothes, or painting): 3
- Town Event Items: 1,111
- Trophies (Bug, Fishing, Flower): 800
- Umbrellas: 3
- Villager Pictures (does not apply to special characters): 3,200
The HRA headquarters is located in the City, where players can view their friends scores via Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.
On Sunday the HRA sends players their evaluation results through the mail. If players do not want to receive the results by mail, they can talk to Lyle at the HRA headquarters. When players select "Letters", he will ask them if they want the letters to stop being sent. If they select "Please stop!", they will stop receiving letters (players can turn them on again by talking to Lyle again).
If players do not receive letters, but need to see how many points they have, they can talk to Lyle at the HRA building.
- See also: Feng Shui
- Completed furniture series - 20,000 points
- Completed furniture series with wallpaper or carpet - 25,000 points
- Completed furniture series with wallpaper and carpet - 30,000 points
- Furniture theme flooring or wallpaper - 3,000 points
- Completed Theme with wallpaper and carpet - # of pieces x 3,000
- Completed furniture set - 1,000 points for each piece in the set
Lyle tells the player that there is no model room.
At the back of the HRA in Animal Crossing: City Folk, is the model room (a room theme chosen by Lyle every month that satisfies a certain theme). If no room fits the theme for the month, there will be no model room, and the area for the model room is replaced by an empty 4x4 room with a concrete wall and floor.
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf the academy has been renamed to the Happy Home Academy, and is inside Nook's Homes. It is still run by Lyle, and functions in a similar way as it did in Animal Crossing: City Folk, but there is no model room. Instead, when the player pays their mortgage off, they may accept a theme challenge of a certain genre. Lucky bonuses have changed, and now include villager pictures of residents currently living in town. There is no complete theme bonus in New Leaf, and the Happy Home Academy does not rate the player's basement.
20,000 points for all 10 pieces of furniture in a series.
Complete Series + Wallpaper or Carpet
25,000 points for all 10 pieces of furniture in a series, and either matching wallpaper or carpet.
Complete Series + Wallpaper and Carpet
30,000 points for all 10 pieces of furniture in a series, plus both the matching wallpaper and carpet.
Furniture Theme Flooring or Wallpaper
3,000 points just for a theme's flooring or wallpaper.
Furniture Theme Flooring or Wallpaper + Theme Furniture
3,000 x number of pieces of furniture in the room which match the carpet or wallpaper.
Complete Furniture Set
1,000 points for each piece in the set.
Necessities of Living
The player has a bed, table, chair, wardrobe and dresser in the home. The bed is not required in Animal Crossing: Wild World.
- 70,000 points - House Model
- 100,000 points - Manor Model
- 70,000 points - One-story Model
- 100,000 points - Two-story Model
- 150,000 points - Mansion Model
Letter of congratulation on geting 150,000 points in City Folk
- 70,000 points - House Model
- 100,000 points - Wide-house Model
- 150,000 points - Two-story Model
- 10,000 points - Happy Home Academy tee
- 20,000 points - Happy Home Academy pennant
- 30,000 points - Happy Home Academy jacket
- 50,000 points - Silver Happy Home Academy plaque
- 70,000 points - Gold Happy Home Academy plaque
- 90,000 points - Silver Happy Home Academy trophy
- 100,000 points - Gold Happy Home Academy trophy
- 150,000 points - Gold House Model
- 300,000 points - Golden Roof (exterior of home)
- 500,000 points - Golden Exterior (exterior of home)
- 700,000 points - Arched Golden Door (exterior of home)
- 900,000 points - Golden Fence (exterior of home)
- 1,100,000 points - Golden Mailbox (exterior of home)
- In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the music from the Happy Room Academy HQ is reused on the TV as a talkshow, but in a slower tempo.