Episodes are mini-events that happen in Animal Crossing: Wild World and Animal Crossing: City Folk to working animals in town or the City. Episodes allow the player to learn more about an animal's personal life. A character under the effects of an episode will be depressed and the player will be given an option to ask about what is wrong. Before episodes can happen, certain conditions must be met.
In Animal Crossing: Wild World, Blathers, Pelly, Tom Nook, Mabel and Sable have episodes if their conditions are met, which are different for each character. Series' of episodes occur at frequent intervals throughout the year, and each episode is three days apart (except for the first and second episodes in a series which are four days apart). The player must hear the first episode to hear all subsequent episodes, but episodes can be heard at least a day late if the player does not play on the exact date scheduled for an episode. For Blathers and Pelly, the player can either ask them what is wrong or to get to work (wherein the player can use that character's services as normal). Tom Nook and Mabel will simply add the 'What's wrong?' to their list of options when the player talks to them.
Animal Crossing: Wild World Episode List
- 2nd Wednesday of January - Mabel and Sable (7 episodes)
- 2nd Sunday of February - Tom Nook (6 episodes)
- 2nd Saturday of March - Pelly and Phyllis (6 episodes)
- 1st Sunday of April - Blathers (6 episodes)
- 4th Saturday of April - Mabel and Sable (3 episodes)
- 2nd Tuesday of May - Tom Nook (3 episodes)
- 4th Sunday of May - Blathers (4 episodes)
- 2nd Saturday of June - Pelly and Phyllis (4 episodes)
- 4th Friday of June - Pelly and Phyllis (4 episodes)
- 2nd Thursday of July - Blathers (3 episodes)
- 4th Sunday of July - Mabel and Sable (4 episodes)
- 2nd Saturday of August - Tom Nook (4 episodes)
- 4th Friday of August - Pelly and Phyllis (6 episodes)
- 3rd Saturday of September - Tom Nook (3 episodes)
- 1st Friday of October - Blathers (4 episodes)
- 3rd Thursday of October - Mabel and Sable (4 episodes)
- 1st Saturday of November - Tom Nook (5 episodes)
- 4th Thursday of November - Pelly and Phyllis (6 episodes)
- 3rd Saturday of December - Blathers (5 episodes)
Animal Crossing: Wild World Episode Requirements
- Blathers' Episodes - Speak to Brewster and Celeste at least once.
- Tom Nook's Episodes - Obtain Nookington's.
- Mabel and Sable's Episodes - Befriend Sable by speaking to her daily for two weeks.
- Pelly's Episodes - Shoot down Pete with the slingshot at least once, and then talk to him.
The Episode only happens once for each player in Animal Crossing: City Folk, and runs for ten consecutive days. For the episodes to occur, some requirements must be met. During the period of episodes, the player will find that different working characters are 'depressed' each day and the player can ask them what is wrong, as in Animal Crossing: Wild World.
Animal Crossing: City Folk Episode List
- Day 1 - Sable and Mabel
- Day 2 - Pelly, Labelle, and Gracie
- Day 3 - Tom Nook
- Day 4 - Mabel
- Day 5 - Tom Nook
- Day 6 - Labelle and Gracie
- Day 7 - Mabel
- Day 8 - Sable
- Day 9 - Labelle
- Day 10 - Mabel
Animal Crossing: City Folk Episode Requirements
- Speak to Pelly at least once.
- Befriend Sable (Speak to her for 12 days).
- Unlock Nookington's.
- Buy at least one item from the Able Sister's shop and GracieGrace.
- Have Gracie conduct three fashion checks (passing or failing).