The player being prompted by Isabelle
about the Early Bird town ordinance
Town ordinances are a new feature in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, in which the player can select a set of improvements for their town. Each ordinance comes with its own benefits. A town may have only one ordinance activated at a time, which can be cancelled for free, and switched to another for 20,000 Bells.
List of town ordinances
- Shops open at earlier hours.
- Villagers will be awake earlier.
- Shops close at later hours.
- Villagers will be awake longer.
- Shops will both sell and buy items for 20% more.
- The premium list of items to sell at Re-Tail will increase from one to two.
- More medals can be won on the island tours.
- More Bells can fall from trees.