Town ordinances are a new feature in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, in which the player can select a set of improvements for their town. Each ordinance comes with its own benefits. A town may have only one ordinance activated at a time, which can be cancelled for free, and switched to another for 20,000 Bells.
List of town ordinances
Keep <town name> Beautiful
- Prevents flowers from wilting.
- Villagers are more likely to water flowers.
- Hybrids are more likely to appear.
- Time traveling will have minimal impact on the environment of the town.
- Weeds are less likely to appear.
- Trash and cockroaches will no longer appear.
- Shops open at earlier hours.
- Villagers will be awake earlier.
- Shops close at later hours.
- Villagers will be awake longer.