The facade of Nook's Cranny during Nook Friday in New Horizons
|January 1 – 3[nb 3]|
Fourth Friday in November[nb 1]
This year: November 24, 2023
Next year: November 29, 2024
Fourth Friday in November – November 30[nb 4]
This year: November 24 – 30, 2023
Next year: November 29 – 30, 2024
|Host||Tom Nook[nb 2]|
Timmy and Tommy[nb 4]
Names in other languages
Nook Friday (known as Sale Day prior to New Horizons) is an event in Doubutsu no Mori, Doubutsu no Mori+, Animal Crossing, Doubutsu no Mori e+, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons. In Doubutsu no Mori and Doubutsu no Mori+, it is held from January 1 to January 3 to represent the Japanese fukubukuro custom; in Animal Crossing, Sale Day occurs only on the fourth Friday in November, as an analogue of Black Friday. This date change was retained in Doubutsu no Mori e+. In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, it occurs from the fourth Friday in November to the end of the month.
In Animal Crossing
In Doubutsu no Mori, Doubutsu no Mori+, Animal Crossing, and Doubutsu no Mori e+, during Sale Day, Tom Nook's store sells Grab Bags in place of non-furniture or clothing items, and Redd is guaranteed to appear in the player's town. The price of the Grab Bags sold at Tom Nook's store is equivalent to the current year,[nb 5] and they contain three items, which can be furniture, clothing, wallpaper, carpet, or a pinwheel. The former four item types have a 25% chance of appearing in a Grab Bag and can appear multiple times in the same bag,[nb 6] while a pinwheel has a 50% chance of appearing instead of one of the other items and can only appear once in a single bag.
In addition to Nook's sale, in Animal Crossing and Doubutsu no Mori e+, Tortimer appears near the wishing well and will give the player a Market Model if spoken to. He tells them that Sale Day is a day to support the local economy and that it is the beginning of the holiday season. The event of Tortimer giving the Market Model was repurposed from the Japanese holiday Spring Day.
In New Horizons
Because of the overlap between Nook Friday and the Turkey Day Nook's Cranny shopping season, the Cozy Turkey Day DIY and Turkey Day Recipes packs are impossible to receive under their standard buy values.
Grab Bags being sold at Nookington's on Sale Day in Animal Crossing
- In Animal Crossing, a glitch can occur with Redd's tent on Sale Day. If the player buys all three items and leaves the acre, then returns, the tent is replaced by a sign post. Redd can then be found standing in front of a random sign post and if spoken to, will walk into the sign post and disappear as if he is walking into the tent. Afterward, Redd will reappear in front of another sign and the process can be repeated until the end of the day.
- In Animal Crossing and Doubutsu no Mori e+
- In Doubutsu no Mori, Doubutsu no Mori+, Animal Crossing, and Doubutsu no Mori e+
- In Doubutsu no Mori and Doubutsu no Mori+
- In Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- For example, if it is 2023, a Grab Bag will cost 2023 Bells.
- The furniture, clothing, wallpaper, and carpets obtained from Grab Bags are always from the town's rare item group.
- jvgsjeff (November 27, 2009). "Animal Crossing - Disappearing Crazy Redd Glitch". YouTube. Retrieved November 27, 2020.