International Museum Day
|May 18th — 31st|
International Museum Day is an event introduced in Animal Crossing: New Horizons held from May 18th through May 31st, based on the real-world observance of the same name. During this event, the bug, fish, and fossil galleries will each contain three stamp stations which may change location each day. Interacting with the stations will let the player stamp their card. After obtaining all three stamps from a gallery, the player can talk to Blathers, who will congratulate them and give them a completion stamp and a prize — a plaque based on the gallery associated with the completed card. The stamp rally can be done again, but the same prizes will be handed out upon completion.
In New Horizons
Stamp station locations
- "I bet some groundbreaking research goes on here."
- "It's like I'm part of a bug community. Hi, bugs!"
- Butterfly Garden — In the right room, at the southernmost part.
- "Sitting on a bench at this fountain... is about as classy as it gets."
- Coconut Corner — In the northwest corner of the main room, near the palm trees and waterfall.
- "I bet tropical bugs get to go surfing and lay out on the beach all the time."
- Singing Forest — Near the entrance to the main room, in front of some oak trees.
- "If you listen closely, you can hear a faint hum..." (during day)
- "It's so quiet at night..." (during night)
- Dragonfly Bridge — In the northwest corner of the main room, on the wooden bridge behind the waterfall.
- "The reason you can see so many dragonflies near water is because that's where they lay their eggs!"
- Quiet Bench — On the west side of the main room, where the isolated palm trees grow.
- "Sometimes it's nice to take a short breather and relax on the bench."
- Hiding Bugs — In the back room, next to the entrance to the butterfly room.
- "Bugs: Masters of disguise!"
- Giant Tree — In the northeast corner of the main room, to the right of the large tree.
- "It seems the bugs gather for tree sap at night." (during day)
- "Is there going to be a big bug battle over the tree sap?!" (during night)
- Sun-Peek Path — In the center of the main room, just in front of the stumps.
- "There's something very relaxing about this space."
- Shady Path — On the northeast side of the main room, south of the giant tree.
- "It seems like the temperate-climate bugs are relaxing here."
- Serenity Tank — In the main room, in front of the tank holding various small freshwater fish, including the Goldfish, Angelfish, and Betta.
- "Little guys, just chillin' in a little tank. Must be nice."
- The Pond — In the center of the main room, in front of the holding area for various freshwater fish, including the Koi, Carp, and Black Bass.
- "I feel like these guys are little aquatic athletes. Go, team!"
- Headwaters — In the northeast corner of the main room, where the Cherry Salmon, Char and Golden Trout are held.
- "Different fish live in different parts of the same river. Wow!"
- Big River — On the east side of the main room, between the pond and the giant tank.
- "Some rivers are deep, and wide, and looooooooooooooooooooooooong..."
- The Coast — Near the entrance of the upper room.
- Coral Reef — On the highest level of the upper room, in the middle.
- "Ooh, a colorful, vibrant, warm sea. I want to swim here."
- Icy Sea — in the northeast corner of the upper room, near the giant icicle containing the Sea Butterfly.
- "That's as chilly as it gets!"
- The Deep — At the base of the giant tank in the rightmost room holding various saltwater fish, including the Tuna, Horse Mackerel and Anchovy.
- "That is one big ocean!"
- Abyss — At the right side of the rightmost room, near the tank holding the Coelacanth, Barreleye, Oarfish, and Football Fish.
- "How far down are we?"
- "'Distant relatives of mammals.' Huh."
- Aquatic Reptiles — In the main room, in front of the Plesiosaurus.
- "They should call this display 'NOT Dinosaurs, Chapter One.'"
- Pterasaurs — In the main room, in front of the Quetzalcoatlus.
- "They should call this display 'NOT Dinosaurs, Chapter Two.'"
- Mollusks/Arthropods — Near the entrance, on the left side.
- "No backbone. But still tough, I bet."
- Vertebrates — Near the entrance, on the right side.
- "Now THESE guys have some backbone..."
- Extinction Spot — In the center of the main room, just in front of the Diplodocus.
- "What's that big orb near the ceiling? I'm sure it's fine..."
- "What are those silhouettes above and behind them?"
- Bug gallery
"By my beak! You've finished the Stamp Rally in the bug exhibit!
Your willingness to explore the bug rooms with such gusto is...admirable. I, myself, find lingering there quite impossible!
Anyhoot, here is the prize that was promised!"
- Fish gallery
"Hoot! I say, hoo! Look at you! You've finished the Stamp Rally in the fish gallery!
I say, did you happen to take any photographs of your quest?
Your NookPhone takes marvelous photos. And the fish rooms make an elegant backdrop, to be sure.
Wot wot?! Ah! Of course! Here's that prize you were promised."
- Fossil gallery
"My feathers! You've finished the Stamp Rally in the fossil gallery!
As the host of these rallies, it pleases me to my pinfeathers to see you frolic amid the fossils so!
Indeed, it is with great pride that I present you with the prize you were promised."
- All galleries
"Hoot and wot wot?! You've collected all the stamps available today?
To think you've enjoyed the Stamp Rally to such a degree! I can't help but puff my feathers with pride!
I thank you, and I hope you continue to revel in all this museum has to offer."