NookLink is a service that connects the Nintendo Switch Online mobile application with Animal Crossing: New Horizons. To connect, the player must open the settings from the title screen of New Horizons and talk to Tom Nook. After this the player will be able to sync up various online services featured in the game. NookLink does not allow players to generate QR Codes of New Horizons designs: instead, the game opts for an option to upload them as generic codes in the Tailor shop.
Once connected, players can do the following:
- View their Passport and villagers that live on the island.
- Import designs from New Leaf and Happy Home Designer via QR code.
- Use a chat keyboard to communicate to other players in the game.
- Check the online status of Best Friends.
- View the total number of visitors to their island's dream (added in an update on July 30, 2020).
- Use Reactions to interact players in the game (added in an update on October 6, 2020).
- View their catalog (added in an update on November 19, 2020).
- Nintendo (September 25, 2020). "Animal Crossing: New Horizons Fall Update – Nintendo Switch". YouTube. Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- YouTube (November 17, 2020). "Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Free Winter Update – Nintendo Switch". YouTube. Retrieved November 17, 2020.