Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.5.0 – Fall Update
The Fall Update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons (version 1.5.0), known in Europe as the Free Autumn Update, was an update that released on September 30, 2020, with version 1.5.1 being released on October 9, 2020. The update primarily brought back the previously cut holiday, Halloween, alongside its host Jack. It was announced on September 25, 2020. Players who downloaded this update would receive a Ring-Con as a gift.
Events and holidays
Halloween, alongside Jack, returns in 1.5.0. For the remainder of October, the player can purchase Spooky Series furniture and one Candy for day in Nook's Cranny. During the month of October, Able Sisters will sell costumes related to Halloween, while Kicks will exclusively sell the Impish Wings.
Pumpkin Starts are available to purchase in both Nook's Cranny and Leif, and planting them will produce pumpkins for use in DIY recipes for the Spooky Series. Each pumpkin comes in four types: Orange Pumpkins, Yellow Pumpkins, Green Pumpkins, and White Pumpkins. Only Orange Pumpkins are used in crafting, and Yellow Pumpkins, Green Pumpkins, and White Pumpkins act akin to Customization Kit.
On Halloween itself, the player has to do trick or treating with their villagers, but unlike previous games, treating will allow the player to earn prizes, while being tricked messes up the player's skin tone and eye contact while also adding a face paint. Jack will roam around the island asking the player to give him either Candy or Lollipop. The former will give the player Jack's Robe and Jack's Face which will scare any villagers into giving Candy. The latter will give the player a Spooky Carriage, the DIY recipe for Spooky Carriage, and a DIY recipe for a Spooky Wand. Failure to give these treats will result in Jack messing the player's skin tone, eye color, and face paint.
- Two reactions can be learned during this event—Scare and Haunt.
- The Exploring New Eye Colors gives the player more options of changing their eye colors to magenta, orange, yellow, pink, gray, or aqua.
- Four new skin tones were added in this update. The Body-Paint Costume Tips unlocks the white, green, blue, and purple skin tones.
- When going to dream with Luna, it is now possible to choose from a list of previously visited dream islands or a list of favorite previously visited dream islands to visit these islands.
- It is now possible to hide items that are not for sale by pressing the Y Button when viewing the catalog via Nook Shopping.
Items added in 1.5.0
- Additional hacked items, such as the then-unnamed Log Fence used on Harv's Island, are no longer obtainable and are removed from the player's island after the update is installed.
- An issue where some title keywords obtained via Nook Miles would not appear within the Passport was fixed.
- An issue was fixed where certain messages would display in English for users playing in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, or Russian.
- An issue where villagers would talk about pumpkins when given a Bamboo Shoot was fixed.
- An issue where it was no longer possible to jump over a river based on the location of certain furniture was fixed.
- The NookLink mobile app now allows players to use Reactions. This update was announced alongside the 1.5.0 update and was released on October 6, 2020.
- A release of Series 1–4 of the Animal Crossing amiibo cards was announced alongside the 1.5.0 update. They returned to retailers in November 2020.
|Animal Crossing: New Horizons Fall Update - Nintendo Switch|
- Nintendo UK (September 25, 2020). "Get spooky with the Animal Crossing: New Horizons update on September 30th! (Nintendo Switch)". YouTube. Retrieved January 30, 2021.
- Nintendo (September 25, 2020). "Animal Crossing: New Horizons Fall Update – Nintendo Switch". YouTube. Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- Nintendo of America (September 25, 2020). . Twitter. Retrieved September 25, 2020.