Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.7.0 – Free Update
Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.7.0 was an update released on January 28, 2021. The update added Festivale, alongside its host, Pavé. It was announced on January 26, 2021. Players who downloaded this update would receive Maracas as a gift.
Events and holidays
Festivale, and its host Pavé, return in 1.7.0. In preparation of the event, Nook's Cranny will sell Festivale Series furniture from February 1 to February 15, and Able Sisters will sell Festivale Tank Dress, Festivale Costume, and Festivale Accessory. In addition, four new Festivale-themed Reactions—Feelin' It, Let's Go, Viva, and Confetti—are added in 1.7.0, and they can be obtained via Viva Festivale Reaction Set. The reaction set is only available from February 1 to February 15 in Nook's Cranny.
On the day of the event itself, feathers will be floating around the town, and the player will need to catch them with a net. Pavé will ask the player to collect three feathers for him in exchange for furniture in the Festivale Series, customized to match whatever feather colors the player gives him. After nine feathers exchanges, Pavé will task the player to give him three Rainbow Feathers for a Festivale Float. Villagers will also wander around the town and will exchange feathers with the player. The costume color that the villager wears will indicate what feather color they will give to the player.
Festivale itself is time-locked, and only unlocks on 1.7.xa.
Setsubun, a traditional Japanese event that takes place before the first day of Spring in the old Japanese calendar, makes its return in 1.7.0, and is now celebrated internationally for the first time in the event's history.
Setsubun is celebrated in two parts. The first is a Nook Shopping seasonal event that runs from January 25 to February 3 with the sale of a Bean-Tossing Kit. The second is an Able Sisters event, where they will sell the Horned-Ogre Mask, Okame Mask, and Ogre Costume. The Able Sisters event can occur on any year while the Nook Shopping event is locked for future and past years.
Valentine's Day makes it return in 1.7.0. During the event, villagers with higher friendships with the player and Isabelle will deliver mail to the player with either a Chocolate Heart and a Heart-Shaped Bouquet. These items can also be brought during the Nook Shopping seasonal event that runs from February 1 to February 14.
This event is time-locked, and only unlocks on 1.7.xa.
Nook Shopping seasonal events
Other new Nook Shopping seasonal events include the following events:
- Big Game Celebration, meant to coincide with the American football event The Super Bowl, is celebrated from January 15 to February 15 with a Football Rug and a daily rotation of a Fiery, Football, Glittery, and New Horizons.
- Groundhog Day, a Western event that tells the legend of a special groundhog testing for its own shadow to determine if Spring will happen early, is celebrated from January 25 to February 2 with a Resetti Model, modeled after Mr. Resetti.
- To add on to the existing Lunar New Year holiday, a Bokjumeoni Lucky Pouch and a Lucky Red Envelope are available to purchase from February 10 to February 17. They coincide with traditional Lunar New Year events in Korea and Asia respectively.
Items added in 1.7.0
- The following items had their icons changed:
- → (Pacific Ocean)
- → (Atlantic Ocean)
- The following villagers had their icons changed:
- Hand-gifted clothing items (except for Wetsuits) can now be stored inside a villager's house, meaning that shoes can now be placed inside a villager's house, and clothing items can now be placed on the surfaces of table items.
- The spawning conditions for snowballs have become less strict.
- A previously unavailable item that was added in 1.3.0 but was not implemented due to a bug, Mermaid Fence, was made available in this update.
- An issue from version 1.6.0 where move-out bubbles would fail to appear before Project KK is completed was fixed.
- An issue where villagers would not hang wreaths on their door regardless if they're in season or not was fixed.
- An issue where Celeste would not appear on Sundays was fixed.
- A re-release of the Sanrio Collaboration Series of amiibo cards (originally released in 2016) was announced alongside the 1.7.0 update. They returned to retailers in Japan, Europe, and North America on March 26, 2021. In North America, they are exclusive to Target stores and it is the first time they have been released there.
- Nintendo (January 26, 2021). "Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Free Update 1.28.21". YouTube. Retrieved February 1, 2021.
- @NintendoAmerica on Twitter. Archived from the original on August 19, 2022. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- @NintendoEurope on Twitter. Archived from the original on April 6, 2021. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- @Nintendo on Twitter. Archived from the original on January 25, 2022. Retrieved January 26, 2021.