Spring in the Animal Crossing series starts on February 18 and goes to May 31, with snow melting and both the grass and trees appearing green again on February 25. However, seasonal bugs and fish related to spring do not appear until the beginning of March.
The first signs of Spring appearing, note the greenness of the trees appearing
Below is a taste of what to expect in spring. Here is a list of the events, what happens during each, in which game, and when:
- First Saturday of every month Animal Crossing: Wild World, Fourth Sunday of every month Animal Crossing: City Folk
- Players can visit villager's homes and buy selected items of furniture. Likewise, villagers can visit the player's house and buy items from them, at a price set by the player.
- a Monday in February or March
- Pavé appears in the Plaza. During this event players can win candy Animal Crossing: City Folk or feathers Animal Crossing: New Leaf from other villagers, which they can exchange for prizes through Pavé.
- Second or Third Saturday or Sunday (depends on game) of March, April, and May
- Chip (or Tortimer in Animal Crossing: Wild World) the fishing ace will set up a stall in the Plaza and will challenge the villagers of the town to catch the biggest fish (either overall or a specific type of fish). The competition ends at 6:00 PM, whereupon the winner will receive a trophy. A notice will also be put up on the bulletin board announcing the winner.
- Varies depending on region
- In Animal Crossing, the player can talk to the mayor to receive a Lovely Phone. In Animal Crossing: Wild World, the player will get a piece of mail from Mom, in which she asks him or her to write letter back to her, which is impossible. In Animal Crossing: City Folk and Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the player will receive pink carnations in a letter, similar to receiving a red carnation on Father's Day.
- 1st April
- Players can go and speak to Tortimer in front of Town Hall to receive a present - Super Tortimer in Animal Crossing or a leaf in Animal Crossing: City Folk (a joke based on what furniture looks like outside the house). In Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blanca hosts the event and the player must pick out the real villager from the fake to win their picture.
- a Sunday in March or April
- Zipper T. appears outside Town Hall. Bunny Day is what is in place of Easter. Candy can be collected. Eggs appear around town and players can exchange these for egg furniture. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf Zipper's picture is also obtainable. Bunny Day has a different date per year.
- 24th April to 3rd May
- The player will receive a flamenco hat and a flamenco dress as part of the Spanish event Feria De Abril, which is an event in Spain where local citizens dress up in these clothes.
Trees beginning to bloom. 1st
April - City Folk
- Last Friday in April
- Leif will suggest three new public works projects if no weeds are present at 6 A.M. on Weeding Day. Otherwise, he will ask for a certain amount of weeds to be pulled and hand out items when this task is completed. The player will need to travel to other towns to achieve this goal.
- Second Week in April
- Tortimer hosts this week-long event. He will hand out flower seeds to players all week. On Sunday he will mail a trophy to the player if their garden is better than all other villagers. No visitors will appear during the Flower Fest except KK Slider.
The bulletin message forecasting the up-coming weather - City Folk
Fish and insects
These are the fish and bugs that appear during spring.
The weather of spring consists mainly of clear skies and slight rain showers may appear. Grass begins to appear and trees start to go green. Snowballs start to disappear and snow becomes rain.
On the 1st of April, the non-fruit bearing trees around the town will begin to blossom. Eventually, all of them will turn pink (minus the fruit, palm, and cedar trees). These trees are known by villagers as "Cherry Blossoms." On the first Monday of April, "Cherry Blossom" petals fall from the sky like confetti. This is to commemorate the beginning of the Cherry Blossom Festival, which is only celebrated in Animal Crossing. The blossoms disappear on the 9th of April. The player also has the pleasure to see a rainbow. After hours of nonstop rain, the sky may clear up. A rainbow will appear giving the player an easier time finding 100 Bells in the trees.