|Favorite saying||"You gotta walk the walk if you're gonna talk the talk."|
|Clothing||Café uniform[nb 1]|
Doublet (Black)[nb 2]
Phrase in other languages
Marlo is a cranky hamster villager in the Animal Crossing series. He was added to Animal Crossing: New Horizons as part of the 2.0 Free Update on November 4, 2021, and he was added to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp between the announcement and release of the New Horizons update. As hinted in his Pocket Camp description, his appearance is based on an archetypal crime boss, and his name likely comes from actor Marlon Brando, who portrayed Don Vito Corleone in the 1972 film adaptation of the 1969 American novel The Godfather. His catchphrase is derived from the word "capisce," an English-Italian slang to ask if a message has been understood, which is also Mafia-associated.
Marlo is a hamster with dark gray coloration on the top half of his head and ears, and a white body and muzzle. He wears tiny, black circular shades which are noticeably smaller than the Tiny Shades that the player can buy. He has droopy eyes, with black pupils which disappear when he is angry. He also has black almond-shaped eyebrows and dark gray paws, with a warm shade of gray in the interior of his ears. He has four black marks resembling whiskers above his mouth. His mouth opens at a slant when angry or upset.
Below is a brief description of the cranky personality. For more information, click here.
Marlo is a cranky villager, meaning he is older and more mature compared to other villagers. He will usually get along with snooty and other cranky villagers. He may have trouble getting along with smug and peppy villagers.
In New Horizons
In Happy Home Paradise
In New Horizons
In Pocket Camp
amiibo card artwork
- Marlo shares his birthday with Marina.
- Marlo is the only hamster villager with the elegant theme in Pocket Camp.
Names in other languages
- Pocket Camp
- New Horizons
- Pàng dū
- Pàng dū
- Marlo's headwear during the Countdown can either be the New Year's silk hat or the New Year's hat, each rotating every year. The hat's variation will vary depending on what variations Tom Nook is selling at his stand.
- If it is Marlo's birthday, he will also wear the birthday hat (Blue variation).
- If it is DJ KK's first time performing on the archipelago, Marlo will instead wear a Paradise Planning event tee (Red variation)
- Repeats for levels 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, and 70
Pocket Camp elegant-themed villagers